Singapore to accelerate Immigration to support Economic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore to accelerate Immigration to support Economic

Singapore decided to increase foreigners as percentage of population to 45% (Grrrh...we are supposedly no.1 in the www except for Qatar, Kuwait and UAE spoiling the party). Population to hit 6.0 Million by 2020 and 6.9 Million by 2030 to further secure title of most densely populated country on Earth. Shame on you Hong Kong, you just cannot challenge us anymore.

See white paper on population: http://www.nptd.gov.sg/content/NPTD/...hite-paper.pdf

Many unhappy local folks at the moment and some friends who used to vote the ruling party are really upset. See fb link: https://www.facebook.com/saynotoover...ref=ts&fref=ts. Singaporeans just need to accept it and move on (sorry, I did not mean moving on to another country....but again it may be a further white toilet paper to explore it).

I have got some out of the box ideas generated primarily from looking at the pictures posted so studiously by the SQTalkers in the Trip Report Section of SQTalk (although some "friends" in Woodbridge do have better ideas than me...and I so humbly submit) how to have additional land to cope with increased population and I know our politicans (Singapore is top again with the highest paid politicans in the www) are capable but I just want to supplement with me putting on my PHD (Permanently Hyper-Delusional) Cap on to relieve the so-called angst felt by the Singaporeans:

1. All Grass fields at Changi to be converted into Flats just liked the old Kai Tak Airport and passengers can have arousing RA experiences seeing someone changing or study what residents are having for dinner (and realising the shit that many airlines are now feeding you). What a view for plane spotters. It will encourage more high net worth plane spotters and some SQTalkers who can never have enough of SQ to move to SIN for great 24/7 Changi experiences. I am sure it will be a thrilling experience for all in the air and on the ground during landing and takeoff that happens every two minutes. No need to spend money on rollercoasters or bungy jumping again. Why waste those unused land just to have buffer spaces for a couple of runaways with now totally automated landing systems at airports and on aircrafts. We need more thrills and distraction (after white paper) for everyone in GDP driven Singapore. Wonder how many millions we can accommodate in Changi and any town planners to give advice? We will again be No.1 for the best populated Airport in the www (sorry I meant whole wide world and not the spider web thingy).

2. Convert Singapore properties into dual family ownerships. We have two families owning one and same property. Half the time the other family will be in the air or in a foreign land and the second family will be in. With the increasing number of budget airlines and flights, it is looking liked a distinct possibility. Imagine a jet set lifestyle that pales that of the rich and famous in the West. Besides the cost of many properties are already more than 2 Million each and with further intake of new resident, there are definite asset-enhancing opportunities in 2040 when we hit 10 Million. Half of two million which is a million, half interest payment, half of the high property taxes, not having to pay for GST and not paying for a tiny 300K Honda City in Singapore with a limited life span of just 10 years legally, you can now afford long term leases with the Hyatt or Hilton in some nearby countries. You will be a Deflated tHyatt Diamond or Hyper-venting Hilton Diamond in no time or reaching Diamond Life at Starwood (way before your expiry and not on the day before). Imagine that! All you need to do is to remember to pay your taxes on time and bring with you your fruity Apple i.e. iphone, inotebook or ipad for business purposes! You remain the Core i.e. of the Apple.

Hurrah, we are Numero Uno in more ways than Uno in the www.
    Last edited by LionCity; 7 February 2013, 07:02 AM.

Hahaha!

feeling cynical today?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Hahaha!

feeling cynical today?
      No lah. Want to put a smile on your face.

Sorry...just Want to cherry up the LL Singaporeans. You Singaporeans are already the most EMOTIONLESS and UNHAPPY folks in the whole wide world. It is a fact: http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...happy-20121220

Must say Singapore never stop to be No.1 in so many senses including our favourite Golden Goose that we spent our Golden eggs on.. We are really number 1 in the number of 1s garnered not only in the whole wide world but also in the webby thingy. An amazing achievement that is almost impossible to emulate. But sadly, SQ Boys and Girls are only 7th in terms of style and see weblink: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...7th_place.html. So they need to pull up their socks even though they maybe the most unhappy cabin crew in the whole wide world: http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/s...owance-changes.

So cherry up....when you are totally LL, there is only up since there is no room downwards.

Seriously, let us laugh more.
      Last edited by LionCity; 7 February 2013, 07:28 AM.

Comment

:facepalm:

LOL

Comment

............................................up your.............light............................ ..................
          ................no head.............................................. ...........................no tail..............
          .................................................. .................................................. ...
          .....................................government... ....................useless....................... ....................
          .............................go to H................................................. .........................
          .................................................. .....................................................
          ..........................................whore... .................................................. ........
          .................................................. ..........................................mother ...........
          ....................slut........................................................................... ........
          ...............................next General Election.......................................... ........................die ......
          ................Paper............................t oilet ..........................................clean .............a....
          .................................................. ...............................PAP................ ......

edited so as not to offend any white shirt and pants supporters and also removed due to colourful language, after all we are a family oriented forum....
          Last edited by kapitan; 7 February 2013, 09:31 AM. Reason: to remove the colourful language against the white shirts and pants....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

We all know the reason for this angst is actually the SQ website

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
              Must say Singapore never stop to be No.1
              Indeed, they give out PR & Citizenship faster than Hilton gives out HH Gold...

Comment

I'd be ROTFL if there wasn't so much black humour attached to that one...

Comment

If you think the HH Gold giveaway was bad, nothing beats the time when MH gave out MH Gold. Luckily those have all expired now i think.....

Comment

Hey, I got all three of those handouts

Comment

Gee...I only got Hilton Silver and which is a grey area....that is am I considered a talent in Singapore? You guys got me worried about my talent. Need to polish up my "sar ka skills" (or to "to be the third leg" of some omnipotent or VIP "very impotent politician" lah) to satisfy Singapore in the absence of talent.

I really need your help....please PM me.
                      Last edited by LionCity; 7 February 2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I have to say the obsession with filling that tiny island up to I(and past) bursting point baffles me, and I cant help feeling this is one of the main reasons PAP is losing it's political support.

Can you get PR or citizenship if you have just visited Singapore a lot ?.

The only thing I can think of that is handed out easier that Singapore PR & Citizenship and HH Gold is A Club Platinum, which is once again available to anyone with a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          A Club Platinum, which is once again available to anyone with a pulse.
                          My A Club Platinum has just run out, so details please?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            The only thing I can think of that is handed out easier that Singapore PR & Citizenship and HH Gold is A Club Platinum, which is once again available to anyone with a pulse.
                            Used up my last free e-mail address last month to get this year's

Will have to sign up for a new account next year. It gets tiring after awhile

Comment

I can't move my hands in an MRT during peak hours without the risk of molesting or assaulting someone. And that is, if I can board one. And here they are talking of bringing even more ! Prices of public housing have far outpaced the earnings of the middle class. And mind you, they are getting smaller as well. Sights of elderly working as cleaners and scavenging for cans and cardboards to sell in dustbins have become common. At an age where one should be enjoying their retirement, they are forced to work as it's simply too expensive. These elderly could easily have thousands of dollars of their own hard earned cash locked up. Yet they are not allowed access ! Local male citizens have to serve 2 years compulsory NS where they are paid less than $500 to sacrifice their family and even life. And you have foreigners taking over jobs, leaving these NSFs with leftover jobs with low starting pay when they exit National Service to enter the workforce. And they are wondering why Singaporeans are not reproducing enough ? It's because couples would be in their 30s when they are financially ready to start a family. If one can find gf/bf outside of the busy, unforgiving work schedule.

Most of the problems SG is facing can be attributed to the influx of foreigners over the past 5-6 years. It was voiced out during the last GE. And these (expletive) in white have not learnt. I believe Singapore is one of the only countries in the world where one can go from a Social Visa stamp on the passport to a full fledged citizens in slightly 2.5 years !

I can go on and on. Just want to state that I'm not xenophobic, it's just the present Govt policy of letting ant Tom,Dick and Harry into SG that's making my blood boil ! Can't wait for 2016 ! Ok, deep breath..... beach.... waves crashing..... leaves bristling....

Peace Out.

Comment

Working...
                              X