Srilankan will move to T3 from 30-Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Srilankan will move to T3 from 30-Oct

I saw the sign near that Srilankan will move to T3 last Sat starting 30 (or 31) Oct.

So after Garuda, Vietnam air, now Srilanka. Who else will move....

Also notice now Air Asia occupies 2 check in row (instead of 1). Expansion of the red in T1?
    visit my blog

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    I saw the sign near that Srilankan will move to T3 last Sat starting 30 (or 31) Oct.

So after Garuda, Vietnam air, now Srilanka. Who else will move....

Also notice now Air Asia occupies 2 check in row (instead of 1). Expansion of the red in T1?
    When T3 opened in 2008 it was glam, stylish, SQ. Now it's rojak.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
      When T3 opened in 2008 it was glam, stylish, SQ. Now it's rojak.
      Care to explain what you mean by "rojak"?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        Care to explain what you mean by "rojak"?
        Now there's GA, VN, UA, QR, IT, MU... It doesn't command its exclusivity anymore...

Comment

Now there's GA, VN, UA, QR, IT, MU... It doesn't command its exclusivity anymore...
          Was that ever the plan?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Was that ever the plan?
            I think that was the plan during the planning stage. SQ and CAAS couldn't see eye to eye on some of the issues. That's why we see what it is now. E.g. Row 1 was suppose to be SQ JCL check-in and share the PCL Immigration which leads straight to SKL. But both can't agree on their terms, so it became a white elephant for a while (and some Segway track?!?!?!) and now occupied by GA.

Comment

Relating to something we discussed before, this is what makes a farce of SQ not shipping their entire operation into T3, when all these other airlines are now also getting a bigger and bigger slice of the operation.

I still believe SQ should have taken the whole thing, and if it wasn't big enough.....design and build it big enough from the beginning. T5 at Heathrow clearly shows that a consolidation would be beneficial, reducing the need to switch terminals during a connection, or simply to pick up your car.

Comment

Agree. You need to be good at predicting which terminal that SQ will be landing.

Comment

The fundamental problem with T3 is it doesn't have enough gates to handle all of SQ's flights at peak times. Passenger capacity wise, its capable. Now if SQ used remote gates..

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                    T5 at Heathrow clearly shows that a consolidation would be beneficial, reducing the need to switch terminals during a connection, or simply to pick up your car.
                    BA still operates several sectors from LHR T3, including (some?) flights to SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      BA still operates several sectors from LHR T3, including (some?) flights to SIN.

I think that is true but is born out of problems getting in partners Qantas and Iberia. Maybe BA felt it was better to move/keep their flights at T3 instead of having Iberia and Qantas shift their entire operations to T5 as well?

The plan WAS at any state to have all the BA flights go through T5 so the terminal was made big enough to do that. Maybe a few operational hickups came in during the way with Bangkok, Singapore, Sydney, and Spain but the rest is working to plan.

Initially the domestic sectors remained at T1 but even those have moved over.

Comment

So when CAAS finally build T4, you think it's gonna be for SQ or LCC?

Comment

IIRC UA, QR and MU were among the five initial airlines to move to T3 in March 2008 following SQ's move in Jan 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                            IIRC UA, QR and MU were among the five initial airlines to move to T3 in March 2008 following SQ's move in Jan 2008.
                            That's right, but the discussion between SQ and CAAS would have taken place long before the opening. The discussions turned sour, so CAAS invited the rest to go to T3. Anyway I'm glad I'm no longer dealing with both parties.

Comment

That's right, but the discussion between SQ and CAAS would have taken place long before the opening. The discussions turned sour, so CAAS invited the rest to go to T3. Anyway I'm glad I'm no longer dealing with both parties.
                              As usual, bureaucratic...

Comment

Working...
                              X