Airline options for SIN-KUL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    The UL 312 triangle does CMB-KUL-SIN-CMB as you say.
    The UL316 triangle however goes in reverse (CMB-SIN-KUL-CMB)
    Isn't this similar to what JL used to do ? I remember you explaining it to me over the phone when I was in SIN, unable to check-in for the return of my tight turnaround and being told that I would be coming back (assuming I made the flight) on a different plane!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Isn't this similar to what JL used to do ? I remember you explaining it to me over the phone when I was in SIN, unable to check-in for the return of my tight turnaround and being told that I would be coming back (assuming I made the flight) on a different plane!
      Yes only that JL's double triangle happened daily whereas ULs doesn't happen everyday and even then not dual direction at the same time like JL

Comment

UL does have KUL-SIN-KUL rights. They just dont advertise it cause they hardly get anyone going O&D on this route. But they do have the rights.

Another carrier that flies this route (not sure if they have traffic rights) is UM. Not that I'm about to try them out anytime soon after they left me
        Stranded 48 hours in HRE years ago cause uncle bob wanted to go to Geneva to hide some loot.
        I presume you mean Air Zimbabwe? It thought the flight from HRE goes onto PEK?

Comment

UL does have KUL-SIN-KUL rights. They just dont advertise it cause they hardly get anyone going O&D on this route. But they do have the rights.

Another carrier that flies this route (not sure if they have traffic rights) is UM. Not that I'm about to try them out anytime soon after they left me
          Stranded 48 hours in HRE years ago cause uncle bob wanted to go to Geneva to hide some loot.
          Air Zimbabwe doesn't do SIN anymore. They used to do HRE-SIN-PEK and back but has switched to HRE-KUL-PEK.

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
          yes. 3Q operaites from the main terminal
          Jetstar Asia's IATA code is 3K. 3Q is the code for China Yunnan Airlines, which doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
            Air Zimbabwe doesn't do SIN anymore. They used to do HRE-SIN-PEK and back but has switched to HRE-KUL-PEK.

Jetstar Asia's IATA code is 3K. 3Q is the code for China Yunnan Airlines, which doesn't exist anymore.
            He probably confused 3K with JQ, Jetstar's Australian wing

Comment

Thanks for the correction

Comment

if frequecies n timings are impt then only choice is SQ/MH from KLIA or Air Asia 9 times daily but from budget LCCT terminal - JL only have one daily evening flight only n Jetstar 3 times daily but only the morning flight is more reliable as its other afternoon n nite flights are commonly delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  if frequecies n timings are impt then only choice is SQ/MH from KLIA or Air Asia 9 times daily but from budget LCCT terminal - JL only have one daily evening flight only n Jetstar 3 times daily but only the morning flight is more reliable as its other afternoon n nite flights are commonly delayed.
                  As mentioned above, JL ended the shuttle runs quite a while ago

Comment

Thank you everyone. Finally I book KUL-SIN with SQ operated by A330. For me is very special a so short flight with a wide body aircraft.
                    For return flight SIN-KUL i book with MH, i'm very happy it's my first time with SQ and MH.
                    Last edited by cesare.caldi; 18 May 2011, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cesare.caldi View Post
                      Thank you everyone. Finally I book KUL-SIN with SQ operated by A330. For me is very special a so short flight with a wide body aircraft.
                      For return flight SIN-KUL i book with MH, i'm very happy it's my first time with SQ and MH.
                      While I do enjoy WBs on the shuttle runs, the flight is simply too short to enjoy any service. Are you in J or Y?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                        While I do enjoy WBs on the shuttle runs, the flight is simply too short to enjoy any service. Are you in J or Y?
                        There is no incentive being in J for the shuttle

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                          There is no incentive being in J for the shuttle
                          Lounge benefit, perhaps? Or is this not available?

Personally, I agree with you. I'd not waste my money or miles.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                            Lounge benefit, perhaps? Or is this not available?

Personally, I agree with you. I'd not waste my money or miles.
                            Only lounge and a cold snack. but that's about it. SIN and KUL are good airports with no lack of places to hole yourself into whether you need to eat or not

Comment

post deleted
                              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                                I don't do this route very often but I haven't managed to wean myself off SQ yet ... I might go for a LCC next month ... who knows!!!
                                Try Firefly on their ATR72s!
                                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X