X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rule for posting Trip Reports

Hello,

We would just like to advise you of new rules that are being introduced regarding posting Trip Reports.

SQTalk greatly values the wonderful Trip Reports posted by many of our members, and woud like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all those who have gone to the time and (sometimes considerable) effort to post TR's over the last few years. However, there is now an incresing number of people simply posting links to their blogs or websites. While we have no problem whatsoever with people writing blogs, we do have an issue with people using SQTalk to generate traffic to another blog or website.

We therefore request that all Trip Reports must be posted in their entirety on here and not links sending people to a Trip Report they have done elsewhere.

We trust you understand the reasons for doing this and look forward to seeing more fantastic Trip Reports in the future.

Yours,
    StarG
    The SQTalk Moderating Team

*like*

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    We therefore request that all Trip Reports must be posted in their entirety on here and not links sending people to a Trip Report they have done elsewhere.
    And what about those TRs not linked elsewhere, but nonetheless not (yet) posted in their entirety here...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      *like*

And what about those TRs not linked elsewhere, but nonetheless not (yet) posted in their entirety here...
      You are encouraged to use every persuasive ways possible to extract those from the persons.

Comment

Including arm-twisting?

Comment

As long as there is not too many beached whales photos.

Comment

Sounds like you're still okay with a few, though, SJJ?

Comment

You are encouraged to use every persuasive ways possible to extract those from the persons.
              Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Including arm-twisting?
              Ooh is waterboarding sanctioned then???

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                Ooh is waterboarding sanctioned then???
                You may commence!

Comment

#hides

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                    #hides
                    And hiding is sanctioned too?

Comment

Hello,

We would just like to advise you of new rules that are being introduced regarding posting Trip Reports.

SQTalk greatly values the wonderful Trip Reports posted by many of our members, and woud like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all those who have gone to the time and (sometimes considerable) effort to post TR's over the last few years. However, there is now an incresing number of people simply posting links to their blogs or websites. While we have no problem whatsoever with people writing blogs, we do have an issue with people using SQTalk to generate traffic to another blog or website.

We trust you understand the reasons for doing this and look forward to seeing more fantastic Trip Reports in the future.

Yours,
                      StarG
                      The SQTalk Moderating Team
                      Agree. This is a reasonable request.

Comment

Sounds reasonable... nothing worse than being sent elsewhere to read something that could have been on the same page...

Comment

I stopped posting here and changed to posting to FlyerTalk because I fell foul of these rules in the past.

I might consider coming back if it is clear what I need to do.

Firstly, do I have to post the pictures, or can I post the link to the pictures (as I do with FlyerTalk)? I only post to wordpress and don't have a separate flckr account.

Second, if I have a poll at the bottom of my blog, am I required to include it?

Third, if I make references in my blog post that are linked to my own blog, am I allowed to create that link to my blogpost, or do I have to create a post on SQTalk and then link to that?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X