No announcement yet.

Entering Australia - Grrrrr !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was on SQ223 last Monday, and it was about the same experience for me as well. And I wasn't even in the premium cabin. There were 2 persons ahead of me in the immigration queue and the bags were just coming out just as I got there. Customs were like Singapore, no hassles and the taxis were plentiful.

It was a busy week for PER as various VVIPs were in town including Hillary and Julia G. Spotted George Yeo in the hotel's gym. But it didn't feel like any different from a normal week at the airport.

Comment

• My last 2 entries back home (BNE) have been the easiest, hassle free clearances I've had...

Previous arrival in September (just after the war on duty free oxygen sticks commenced) I was in and out in under 15mins from exiting the aircraft, even with a hesistant declaration of possibly carrying too many oxygen sticks

The last trip (last Friday) was certainly on world record pace, I would say just a tad over 7 minutes from exiting the aircraft to lighting the olympic torch...

I was, pleasantly surprised...

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Was on SQ223 last Monday, and it was about the same experience for me as well. And I wasn't even in the premium cabin. There were 2 persons ahead of me in the immigration queue and the bags were just coming out just as I got there. Customs were like Singapore, no hassles and the taxis were plentiful.

It was a busy week for PER as various VVIPs were in town including Hillary and Julia G. Spotted George Yeo in the hotel's gym. But it didn't feel like any different from a normal week at the airport.
        Yeah I was reading about Hilary's visit and saw the RAAF C17 and new A330 parked up at PER. My 45 minute time to get to the Hyatt also included collecting a hire car from Hertz.

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
        My last 2 entries back home (BNE) have been the easiest, hassle free clearances I've had...
        Yeah I've been through BNE a couple of times this year and they were pretty painless as well. MEL a couple of months ago on the other hand...... MEL international arrivals just doesn't seem big enough for the volume of flights that land in the heavy banks of arrvals.

Comment

• and speaking of our friendly Customs and Border Protection officers...

the preverbial has certainly hit the roof today following the arrests of a couple of bad eggs...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/arres...220-2bo2n.html

Comment

• What a joy entering PER was earlier this week. Despite being in row 16 I was first through immigration, waved through customs (after being told it was a long way to go for less than 48 hours) and was sat in my hire car about twenty minutes after disembarking.

Outbound was rather pleasant as well with a distinct lack of hand luggage Nazis that the other Australian airports seem so fond of...

Comment

• I flew back in through SYD a couple of weeks back, noticed that the E Gate's now accept 4 passports (Australian, NZ, UK and USA), every man and his dog was using the ones located before the Duty Free store.

As I was travelling with the wife, took the line for express card holders and was processed rather promptly (no more than 10 mins in line) bags picked up and over to domestic via transfer shuttle - all in, about 30-35mins.

Pretty good considering it was the morning peak, with 3 x A380's either arriving before and after us (QF24)

Comment

• I'm hardly a regular visitor to Oz, but was pleasantly surprised landing in PER last week. Used E-Gate with my Singapore passport, and was waived thru customs with my carry-on only. Was in my Hertz rental within 20 mins of touchdown.

Comment

• My encounters with CIQ have always been pleasant and this time was no different. Fast track lane at SYD had a 10 minute queue and was stamped through without any questions. Waved through at customs, making it 30 minutes from touchdown to curbside.

Comment

• Waltzed through at SYD earlier this week. I would guess maximum 20 minutes from disembarkation to landside.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      I'm hardly a regular visitor to Oz, but was pleasantly surprised landing in PER last week. Used E-Gate with my Singapore passport, and was waived thru customs with my carry-on only. Was in my Hertz rental within 20 mins of touchdown.
                      Yes, the E-gate was great at Perth for us last week. However, one must remember to look at the camera. My wife was a bit slow in realising this and was redirected to the (short) queue for manual clearance.

Customs was a breeze. Very fast and polite.

It was also a breeze at Melbourne for me in April. Clearing Immigration took less than 5 min with at the priority lane. (BTW - is the priority clearance slip issued to all qualifying passengers or just J and F only?)

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                        (BTW - is the priority clearance slip issued to all qualifying passengers or just J and F only?)
                        Meant to be for all J and F (or PY where this is the 'highest' class of service such as VA Pacific Island services) and eligible tiered FFP customers. If eligible for Smartgates, that's a much faster channel than Express lanes for immigration clearance.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Ahh to reiterate : ADL still rocks. Landed at 0759 local this morning from MH139 ex KUL. short taxi to gate, but had to wait a few minutes because of an ill passenger. Despite that and a taxi driver more insistent on telling stories than driving I was still in my room at the hilton by 0842. Take that SYD/MEL

Comment

• It was quite a breeze through Aussie immigration last week, used the E-Gate at Melbourne, there is no need for an officer to stamp passport, saved a page. However, long queue for custom check...... but was waved through when it was my turn.....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• I got through in less than 5 mins at BNE in August. This included the bag collection! I was amazed!

Comment

• My record at SYD from aircraft wheels touching tarmac to carpark boomgate up in 14 minutes. J class on MAS, first out door, good gate, no queue immigration, no checked luggage, no queue customs. Could probably do it faster if my mother walked a bit faster from meeting in arrival hall to the carpark.

Also once got from stepping out aircraft door at SIN to showered and relaxed in hotel on Lloyd Rd in 58 minutes. Checked luggage, ATM stop, toilet stop and actual shower all included.

Comment

Working...
                                X