• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi.. first timer and also first post in SQtalk

managed to get 2 suites saver SQ26 all the way to JFK in Nov 15

Comment

• post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
        Bagged one suite for August 2015.
        For home or for a flight ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          For home or for a flight ?
          post deleted
          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• Booked in July 14; 2 x Saver F/R as follows for April/May 2015:

MEL-SIN 2 x 50,000 pts
            SIN-NRT 2 x 37,500 pts
            NRT-LAX 2 x 62,500 pts
            JFK-FRA 2 x 62,500 pts plus A$1340 x 2 in Tax, Surcharges for that part of the RTW

then separately a month ago using VA points:

SIN-MEL 2 x 63,750 pts plus A$255 in Tax etc.

So only need to pay for LAX-NYC and will buy LH F from FRA-SIN so I can try their lounge (and I am out of points).

Obviously not something we can do every year but really looking forward to the trip. Almost all points earned from flights.

Comment

• Some stunning redemptions there, congratulations indeed! Very well done!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
                MEL-SIN 2 x 50,000 pts
                SIN-NRT 2 x 37,500 pts
                NRT-LAX 2 x 62,500 pts
                Were these booked separately or under MEL-SIN-NRT-LAX as 1 ticket?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Were these booked separately or under MEL-SIN-NRT-LAX as 1 ticket?
                  We are taking a stopover of a few days in both locations (SIN, NRT) so think probably separate sector bookings as there are no stopovers on OW Saver redemptions even for $100 (I believe). I did book this a few months ago and the MEL-LAX, NYC-FRA booking took some time with the help of the PPS Coordinator in MEL and the excellent people at the KF Callcentre as the points had to come from two accounts (Mr and Mrs MEL-World) using the nominee function.

Having said that the entire booking appears under one booking reference # for each passenger

Comment

• Got 1 x JFK-FRA-SIN-AKL for mid-December 2015, all in Suites (SQ is showing AKL is still operated by the A380 next Winter)

Feel extremely lucky considering the JFK-SIN segment was already on waitlist for that particular day, but to AKL it was available. Only time the married segments logic has worked in my favour - typically if I do a JFK-AKL search it will come back Waitlisted even though both are available separately.

Comment

• Hi, first timer here!

Just got the following in early Dec 2015 for 91375 points.

SIN-NRT: 77W F
                      NRT-LAX: Suite

Now waiting for return dates to open. Hoping to bag all suites in late Dec 2015.

Comment

We are taking a stopover of a few days in both locations (SIN, NRT) so think probably separate sector bookings as there are no stopovers on OW Saver redemptions even for $100 (I believe).
                        No this is not correct - stopover are possible on Saver Awards you just need pay US$100 - indeed MEL-SIN-NRT-LAX possible to have stopover at both SIN and NRT at US$100 ea - some KF agents may not be too familiar with this but be persistent and do not be afraid to request manager if rep helping you not getting quite what you want.

FWIW: Dep MEL-SIN June 15 in F then 2 nts SIN then SIN-CDG in R - stopover in SIN US$100/pax.
                        Last edited by Cruiser Elite; 29 December 2014, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruiser Elite View Post
                          No this is not correct - stopover are possible on Saver Awards you just need pay US$100 - indeed MEL-SIN-NRT-LAX possible to have stopover at both SIN and NRT at US$100 ea - some KF agents may not be too familiar with this but be persistent and do not be afraid to request manager if rep helping you not getting quite what you want.
                          Good to know - thanks - although I am more than happy with my outcome.

Comment

Good to know - thanks - although I am more than happy with my outcome.
                            And so you should be - Suites exp just oh so special - and we all need to lap them up whereverossible - if you believe what we see posted here and there appears 380's days are numbered - 'oh Lord say it ain't so' pls?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruiser Elite View Post
                              And so you should be - Suites exp just oh so special - and we all need to lap them up whereverossible - if you believe what we see posted here and there appears 380's days are numbered - 'oh Lord say it ain't so' pls?
                              First I have heard of this news. Do you have a link to the rumours? I have only been in Suites once before so the experience is something I was hoping I could enjoy for a few more years.

Comment

First I have heard of this news. Do you have a link to the rumours? I have only been in Suites once before so the experience is something I was hoping I could enjoy for a few more years.
                                Discussion on AFF - scroll back to Post #1 and follow the thread: http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...380-64801.html

Comment

Working...
                                X