SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
    Nice surprise today, SQ 959 being served by 77W instead of those ratty old 773s. Anyone know why?

One positive new development for PPS members at the new terminal is that they board strictly by groups. When flying eco as PPS, this means you get to your seat (and empty overhead bins) way before others.
    That’s good news. Did you have to tell them that you’re PPS or did they pick it up from the boarding pass?

Comment

Nice surprise today, SQ 959 being served by 77W instead of those ratty old 773s. Anyone know why?

One positive new development for PPS members at the new terminal is that they board strictly by groups. When flying eco as PPS, this means you get to your seat (and empty overhead bins) way before others.
      No idea why, but managed to snag one of the PEY seats

But the queue system is not optimal (or rather, the overall gate design is poor). All pax (including F/J pax) have to queue in the open passageway as airport buggys force their way through to Gates 1-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
        That’s good news. Did you have to tell them that you’re PPS or did they pick it up from the boarding pass?
        They check your boarding pass as you queue, so they are enforcing the group boarding system quite tightly.

Originally posted by BlinkJet View Post
        No idea why, but managed to snag one of the PEY seats

But the queue system is not optimal (or rather, the overall gate design is poor). All pax (including F/J pax) have to queue in the open passageway as airport buggys force their way through to Gates 1-4.
        Yes, there is the downside of having to queue now.

Comment

The only reason I would think CGK would use a 77W is because one of the 773 could be out for maintenance. Apparently, it wasn't just SQ958/959 (Operated by 9V-SWV). It was also SQ950/953, operated by 9V-SWG and SQ966/967 operated by 9V-SWV which did the earlier afternoon CGK flight.

We've seen a couple of cases where it was operated by 9V-SWT in place of a 773 in maintenance and once that 773 returned to service, SWT went in for its maintenance/cabin refit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            The only reason I would think CGK would use a 77W is because one of the 773 could be out for maintenance. Apparently, it wasn't just SQ958/959 (Operated by 9V-SWV). It was also SQ950/953, operated by 9V-SWG and SQ966/967 operated by 9V-SWV which did the earlier afternoon CGK flight.

We've seen a couple of cases where it was operated by 9V-SWT in place of a 773 in maintenance and once that 773 returned to service, SWT went in for its maintenance/cabin refit.
            I checked FR24 and it seems one of the 773 Reg 9V-SYF was out of operation from 8 - 12 Jan.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
              I checked FR24 and it seems one of the 773 Reg 9V-SYF was out of operation from 8 - 12 Jan.
              Yeah that explains it.

Comment

• Any idea if USD15/20 meal voucher is still given to Y pax on partner *G at T3 CGK?
                Or nothing at all...

Comment

• Plaza Premium Lounge for *G Y passengers

Originally posted by SporeAir View Post
                  Any idea if USD15/20 meal voucher is still given to Y pax on partner *G at T3 CGK?
                  Or nothing at all...
                  You can still opt for it (IDR 150,000), but the default for *G economy passengers is now the Plaza Premium Lounge (also called Sapphire Lounge) near Gate 5. My flight yesterday departed at Gate 5, so it's quite convenient.

The invitation is printed on the boarding pass, so they no longer issue a separate invitation paper.

The lounge (and the gate area) is a bit warm for my liking, but it is a huge improvement over the Pura Indah situation at Terminal 2, so I'm happy it turned out this way.

I asked the check in staff about the voucher, and it's still available if you want it. I doubt they really check if you want to use both the voucher and the lounge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boy View Post

The invitation is printed on the boarding pass, so they no longer issue a separate invitation paper.
                    I guess this will be a problem if I want to clock the miles to KF which I have no status but want to use another *G
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Boy View Post
                      You can still opt for it (IDR 150,000), but the default for *G economy passengers is now the Plaza Premium Lounge (also called Sapphire Lounge) near Gate 5. My flight yesterday departed at Gate 5, so it's quite convenient.

The lounge (and the gate area) is a bit warm for my liking, but it is a huge improvement over the Pura Indah situation at Terminal 2, so I'm happy it turned out this way.

I asked the check in staff about the voucher, and it's still available if you want it. I doubt they really check if you want to use both the voucher and the lounge.
                      i was there and i found it warm too. the only cool place was near the end corner where the food is

Comment

• Originally posted by marcyeo View Post
                        i was there and i found it warm too. the only cool place was near the end corner where the food is
                        The whole airport is pretty warm even at the evening..... Yes, there is aircon unit near the last pillar near the food area and this was why I moved there last night.

Yeah I have to agree now that T3 is terrible.

Arriving on SQ968 and it was damn long walk with slow travelator.....

I was having a chat with the check in staff, she told me that now they need 60 minutes (instead of 40 min before) as the aircraft can be very far. There is no guarantee gate (even AP2 promised them that). The last flight (SQ968) will be most likely ended in Gate 1 (the furthest) as they have to compete with other flights and they will lose out as they will park over night there.....

Other flights most likely gate 7-8 but not guarantee also....

Plaza Premium Lounge is nicer than Puri Indah as it is newer. But it is very long lounge due to bad airport design I guess. Food is eatable but so so.

I was told by the staff Plaza lounge is opening up larger (and nicer?) lounge soon... According to him most likely airlines will use that lounge instead the current one.

BTW, I did not get an invitation to the lounge in my BP. I just show my gold card and they let me in.

I was on brand new A359 last night
                        visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          Arriving on SQ968 and it was damn long walk with slow travelator.....
                          Agree the travelator is damn slow.. Probably that's to compensate for the slow baggage processing so you don't arrive too early at the baggage claim belt and wait like an idiot...

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          I was having a chat with the check in staff, she told me that now they need 60 minutes (instead of 40 min before) as the aircraft can be very far. There is no guarantee gate (even AP2 promised them that). The last flight (SQ968) will be most likely ended in Gate 1 (the furthest) as they have to compete with other flights and they will lose out as they will park over night there.....
                          I saw the recent gate assignments, there are two SQ flights per day assigned to gate 1A-D each day (different from gate 1), the last flight arriving / first departing and the 17:00hr departing one. Gate 1A-D are on an extension pier parallel to T3 West Pier (old T3 building) and uses apron which used to be the old remote stands next to T2F.

Plaza Premium Lounge is nicer than Puri Indah as it is newer. But it is very long lounge due to bad airport design I guess. Food is eatable but so so.
                          Ya. I think the food is nothing terrific. I kinda regretted not taking the IDR150,000 food voucher from the check-in counter and instead opted for the lounge.

I was told by the staff Plaza lounge is opening up larger (and nicer?) lounge soon... According to him most likely airlines will use that lounge instead the current one.
                          Where will this lounge be located? Would be good if it is next to the Garuda Lounge which sees a few restaurants closed already. This way premium passengers would not need to back track as in the case now. Maybe this way, KFEG/*G pax maybe restricted to the existing lounge. Or passengers departing from gate 1-5 may choose to use the existing lounge.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                            Where will this lounge be located? Would be good if it is next to the Garuda Lounge which sees a few restaurants closed already. This way premium passengers would not need to back track as in the case now. Maybe this way, KFEG/*G pax maybe restricted to the existing lounge. Or passengers departing from gate 1-5 may choose to use the existing lounge.
                            not very sure... he kind of point toward the immigration area though...... so I guess should be around Garuda lounge
                            visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              not very sure... he kind of point toward the immigration area though...... so I guess should be around Garuda lounge
                              They’re constructing a new building between the terminal and the garage. It seems like the new building will be connected to the terminal from across gate 7 IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
                                They’re constructing a new building between the terminal and the garage. It seems like the new building will be connected to the terminal from across gate 7 IIRC.
                                which is also the direction he pointed well hope this is true and they ahve entrance and immigration closer to gate 1
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X