Breakfast in the Changi T3 SilverKris Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast in the Changi T3 SilverKris Lounge

I had breakfast in the T3 SKL before a recent trip to Seoul with Mrs yflyer...

A glance at our boarding passes, and we were waved through by the “Lounge Dragons” (That term couldn’t possibly apply to this sweet duo, could it? )…

Past the large business centre …

Into the lounge seating area, which was fairly busy that morning…

We headed straight to the dining area…

Tea and coffee, as well as sandwiches wrapped in clingwrap…

Cereal…

DIY sandwich and cheese board. Not the most impressive bread selection I have seen in an airline lounge. LH and EK both offer a broader spread…

Fresh fruit…a nice local selection, including papaya, watermelon and pineapple…

Continuing the local theme, there was an appetizing dish of local fried carrot cake (“Chye Tow Kway”) …now if only they had a side dish of accompanying chilli sauce for this dish as well (You need a specific kind of chilli sauce for this dish). This tasted good, but with the chilli, it would have been great!

Braised ee-fu noodles…

…this time with a full complement of chilli…pickled green chilli, sliced red chilli, and on the left, tiny and deadly hot chilli padi…thumbs up!

Char siew pau…

Har kow…

Chicken congee…

A couple of vegetarian selections (vegetarian curry and lemon vermicilli)…

And one of my personal favourites, roti jala with chicken curry, a dish not that easy to find in Singapore…

And you could wash all that down with soya bean milk…

There were of course the usual Western breakfast dishes…

…but why eat those standards when such an amazing local spread is on offer?

Comment

There was a bar counter in a separate section of the lounge, with self-service liquor available.

Wine, including champagne, was also available, but on request from the staff. Anyone have any idea why SQ don’t just leave the bottles of wine on the counter for patrons to help themselves?

Someone had asked for a glass of champagne, and one of the staff had brought out a bottle to pour. I took the opportunity to request a glass too, as well as a photo of the bottle…

Posting this as part of a TR on Seoul. To continue with the TR, click here...

Comment

Delicious looking spread.

Comment

In the past, wine was self service but champagne required that one find a staff member to ask. I've seen the same elsewhere, for example the contract lounge that AF/KLM use at NCE (schengen flights).

Comment

Brother yflyer, you are really going places...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
              Brother yflyer, you are really going places...
              Actually I very rarely get to visit this lounge, so it was nice to check it out again after a long time!

Still a bit of a sore point for me, as KF Gold, not being able to get into this lounge in SIN, whereas Oneworld Sapphire (The equivalent of Star Gold) will get me into any OW carrier's J lounge, whether in SIN or overseas....

Comment

Just last year Dec when I visited it, the alcohol selection is still available on counter.

Comment

The breakfast buffet at the SKL really is always a highlight of my trips to SIN. One of the best local-food breakfasts anywhere on the island!

Comment

Originally posted by Buster CT1K View Post
                    The breakfast buffet at the SKL really is always a highlight of my trips to SIN. One of the best local-food breakfasts anywhere on the island!
                    Glad to know that you enjoy the local selections at the SKL, Buster CT1K! If you like that, you must love the mindboggling selection of breakfast foods at hawker centres in Singapore.

If you enjoy the local food, and you haven't been to any of these, then you should definitely give one of these hawker centres a try next time you are in Singapore!

Comment

Pretty neat. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                      X