PPS Do at UK new products launch tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Do at UK new products launch tomorrow

Anyone got any special requests that you want me to myther the important people about tomorrow in London ?.

Numbers 1, 2 & 3 on my list will be the name, contact details and daily movements for the idiot that decided to drop 'RAFFLES Class' and become just like all the others.

Numbers 4, 5 & 6 will again be where is our bl**dy KF miles earning card ?!

So, waddya want to know ?.

Oh aye, jhm, are you going mate ?.

Uhh, might be kinda old - but when are they going to send the 77W down to MEL?
    Or if they plan to at all?
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I would be interested to know if they are really going to double the redemption cost (miles) to fly the 77W F & J.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        I would be interested to know if they are really going to double the redemption cost (miles) to fly the 77W F & J.
        I'd be surprised if someone gave a straight answer to that!

MAN Flyer, yep, I hope to be there barring anything occurring at work - see you there!

Comment

The first thing I want to know if WHY WASN'T I INVITED

Then the next question is do we still have a PPS coordinator for the UK and if they answer yes then please find out what exactly it is the lazy git does for a living.

If they are going to charge a premium for their new products does that also mean that they will offer a discount for everyone unfortunate enough to be stuck with their old regional products especially on the SIN-HKG route where there will now be new raffles, spacebed raffles and rubbish regional business class.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            The first thing I want to know if WHY WASN'T I INVITED
            If you're in London tomorrow, I would give them a call to say you'd heard there's an event on for all PPS but don't appear to have received your invite. I'm the lowest possible PPS so if I've been invited, I'm sure everyone else would have been invited - perhaps your invite got lost somewhere ?

Comment

Oh how nice of you to offer MANFlyer. Here are mine, though I am sure some are more important than others but I'll let you sort them :

1) In 1998 we got the lovely Golden Booklet. In 2007 are we going to get something more substantial than an 8 page glossy and thin magazine? (referring to the new products)

2) Please voice them my extreme displeasure at firstly not being invited to the relaunch in Singapore. Then my extreme irritation at being denied entry after Public Affairs consulted with the Loyalty Marketing department which is an unforgiveable betrayal and will be remembered for a very long time. I think everyone in the LON office hates me or thinks I'm weird (or both) anyway so note any laughter.

3) I am suspecting that the First Class bed has to be flipped over? I could be wrong.

4) The seat bottom of the Economy Class seat seems to shift forward. This needs investigating.

5) On the First Class console there is a small drawer on the right on the base line of the LCD screen. Again, this needs investigating.

6) The Economy Class legroom or something has apparently increased by 5 cm, can they confirm?

7) If you could ask how much their seat-kilometre costs compare with a B747-400 would be nice considering that there is "only" 278 pax.

8) What do they think of CX's new Economy Class considering that they seem to on the face of it have a more innovative design but in reality is potentially uncomfortable when 'reclined'.

9) Take away the First or Raffles Class pillows. They seem comfy and nice to hug.

10) As Lobster alluded to above, we now have great disparity across all 3 and half classes of travel. In particular the regional premium products (except regional SpaceBeds to SGN and the like) are firstly old and no longer appropriate for an airline of SIA's calibre. Maybe you could ask if there will be some refurbishment SOON a la CX's Regional Business Class (but with much better execution I hope) or are they going to string us along until the B787-9s and A330-300s come in 2009 (which the pessimist in me suspects they could/will/would like to if they can get away with it)

11) What's the real reason for the flight renumbering? It just seems very strange.

12) Just a comment, 9 aircraft went tech coming into or out of SIN resulting in delays ranging from 9 minutes to 1 hour 08 minutes.

That's all for now.
              Last edited by Singapore_Air; 7 November 2006, 12:17 PM. Reason: Number 7 and 8 and 9 and now 10 and 11 and finally 12, corrected number 6

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                Then my extreme irritation at being denied entry after Public Affairs consulted with the Loyalty Marketing department which is an unforgiveable betrayal and will be remembered for a very long time. I think everyone in the LON office hates me or thinks I'm weird (or both) anyway so note any laughter.
                Well, obviously you can't POSSIBLY let them get away with it. Oh the outrage! Calls for drastic measures don't you think?

Comment

Drastic measures indeed Shortfinals.

It was indeed an outrage and a personal insult to me I was unimpressed.

I guess being KrisFlyer Blue and flying Y very occasionally unkindly trumps years of interest and support in more ways than one for the airline?

Nevertheless, unimpressive showing.
                  Last edited by Singapore_Air; 7 November 2006, 12:30 AM. Reason: Syntax error

Comment

WHY WASN'T I INVITED?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      WHY WASN'T I INVITED?
                      I believe Lobster has a good hypothesis:
                      Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      Then the next question is do we still have a PPS coordinator for the UK and if they answer yes then please find out what exactly it is the lazy git does for a living.
                      (Emphasis mine)
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
                        Drastic measures indeed Shortfinals.

It was indeed an outrage and a personal insult to me I was unimpressed.
                        Indeed. I too am unimpressed. I would most certainly now do trip reports without the level of detail in the past.

I dare say....... it would be a major blow to SQ's now that they will not know the absorbency of materials carried on board their aircraft. But then, it would be their loss, not yours. You should teach SQ a lesson in that regard!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          perhaps your invite got lost somewhere ?
                          Probably went to the same place as my birthday card

Comment

OK. So far we're not so much interested in any possible increase in redemption rates, where the 773ER's are going or any refit of exisitng aircraft. What people want to know is why the hell they weren't invited.

Lobster & SQFAN I think you should give them a call, presuming you are available. I am the only one who was invited from up North apparently and as a result they asked me did I want to bring a guest, so maybe they could sqeeze you in. I think there is about 35 going as well as the GM and his mob. It's a 1730 start but Im flying down at half one so will have a look around the WTM for a while.

It's Champagne and Canapes apparently. Anyone want to guess what the fizzy stuff will be ?. Surely something as important as new RAFFLES and First products justifies something rather nice...
                            Last edited by MAN Flyer; 7 November 2006, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              RAFFLES .
                              Raffles? what's that?

Comment

Working...
                              X