Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH 777 shot down by Russian backed separatists in Ukraine

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FM1TU20140717

(Reuters) - A Malaysian passenger airliner with 295 people on board crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border, Interfax cited an aviation industry source as saying on Thursday.

It said the Boeing plane was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. Reuters could not immediately confirm the Interfax report.

9M-MRD

Comment

Reports saying all 295 dead?

Condolences to the families of the victims.

Comment

Just saw SQ305 diverting south away from Eastern Ukraine. This is very sad. Prayers for the families of the victims.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with those onboards and people affected.

Comment

Seems to have been shot down. Jesus...

Thoughts and condolence's to the families and friends of those on board.

Comment

Terrible for those on the flight and their families and other loved ones...

Other planes in the area are diverting:

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/...430848/photo/1

Comment

According to sources, SQ351 was just behind at a higher altitude. If SQ351 had departed earlier....
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

This was the aircraft that brought me from CDG to KUL a few years back. 9M-MRD.

Comment

Damn eerie: a Dutch passenger posted this photo with the caption, "If it disappears, this is what it looks like".

http://wapo.st/1oNQvgF

This is hitting pretty close as I am booked for SQ 351. Never once paid attention to routing. I hope it becomes standard practice to avoid hostile airspace.

My thoughts and condolences to those affected.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends.

I bet MH can't wait for 2015 to begin.

This is already causing more tension between Ukraine and Russia.

Comment

Wake up to this terrible tragedy

RIP

My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones on this flight

Comment

That place being a conflict zone, hope the integrity of the accident site can be properly contained for investigators.

But looking at all the recent territorial disputes and conflicts worldwide recently, one would think that we humans have learned absolutely nothing at all from the painful history of WWI & WWII.

Comment

This is a terrible news. My thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of those on board this ill-fated flight.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              According to sources, SQ351 was just behind at a higher altitude. If SQ351 had departed earlier....

It was really very near the area where the flight got shot down...

Comment

Working...
                              X