Some Tidbits From SQ285 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Tidbits From SQ285 Today

Came back today to AKL from SQ285. For the first time had BTC Nasi Lemak for breakfast prior to landing in AKL. Though I received many curious looks from the other F pax as they must be thinking "what is this guy doing in having rice for breakfast?" Anyways very tasty and juicy and somewhat similar to Nasi Uduk that my Indonesian Maid used to cook for me while growing up in HK.

Had a lenghty conversation with the LS (Green Kabaya) one hour prior to approach into AKL regarding my concern of the high probability of AKL loosing F July next year. She said that she is not aware that AKL will become a 100% 2-class service market by mid-2007 and would be surprised if it were to occur. She hinted that since SQ is doing many shuffling with the fleet with new/old a/c coming and going, it could just be a temporary schedule placement or an error but then concluded that the company always monitors the situation in every market and has to make certain decision accordingly to keep things running smoothly and profitably meaning if F class has to go from AKL if it cannot meet those objectives. Now I know without a doubt that SQ286/5 always enjoys a descent load in F (had 12/12 on SQ285 today).

But again I am very curious about the yield and profit that the flight performs. As often is the case in certain routings, airlines have no problem filling up the seats but do so in selling highly discounted fares. As mentioned before, a TA fare for AKL-SIN-LHR rt in F is cheaper than a TA Raffles fare LAX-NRT rt. So in a sense, maybe Kiwis are not as willing to pay as high of a price tag as the Aussies or Americans to fly F class. But regardless I will be one depressing individual if SQ F disappears from here.

Last but not least, at the SKL SIN in between SQ319 & SQ285, spotted two tall greedy folks with foam take-out containers (god knows where they got them from) stuffed a chuck of noodles, sushi, and satays into the containers and took them out of the lounge. Not sure if it is wrong to take food from the buffet stations out to be consumed elsewhere at a later time because usually in a buffet restaurant or any all-you-can eat joints, one is normally not allowed to bring any food out of the establishment.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
    Last but not least, at the SKL SIN in between SQ319 & SQ285, spotted two tall greedy folks with foam take-out containers (god knows where they got them from) stuffed a chuck of noodles, sushi, and satays into the containers and took them out of the lounge.
    Reminds me of AGMs when people would come just for the food...
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Probability? I thought it was confirmed already. It's in the system:

Code:
      Effective 2 JUL 2007 - AKL-SIN

SQ286	AKL 14.00	SIN 20.40	772 (Daily)
      SQ282	AKL 23.55	SIN 06.45+1	772 (4x Weekly)

Comment

I know. It already popped up on the sabre system ever since my brother checked it out at the end of October. I was just trying to gain some optimism that probably is just a temporary/error. But I agree from the looks of various electronic printings, F on the two flights is a dead duck.
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Working...
        X