No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not think that SQ will pull all 4 planes out of serviceat the same time, but looking at the cycles and checking for cracks and decide which one will go in for checks first and subsequent heavy repairs to the wing spar which will take sometime to fix. With this, SQ perhaps may retire these 4 aircrafts from service sooner as the costs of repairs will be expensive and the grounding of the planes and thereafter still more checks on the wings to monitor. And the big question of whether SQ will go ahead with the expensive millions to refurbish and reconfigure these planes to the new version 3.
    Last edited by flyguy; 10 July 2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Reading some visitors posts at SQ Facebook. Someone is now asking SQ to provide change fee waiver to order to change out of the A380 flight due to the inspection issue.

That person claim that they call CS n CS is not aware of this inspection issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
        Reading some visitors posts at SQ Facebook. Someone is now asking SQ to provide change fee waiver to order to change out of the A380 flight due to the inspection issue.

That person claim that they call CS n CS is not aware of this inspection issue.
        Do doubt SQ will know exactly when the A380s be taken out of service for refit of the wing spars as they need to check the 4 A380s first, and further if any of the A380s be AOGed for sometime, SQ still have to work out which of the destinations will have the aircraft changes at this time.

Comment

• (Ex-)SQ suites to/from CCS:

https://onemileatatime.com/venezuela-a380/

I assume you need to know a certain someone to get on them though!!

Comment

• I knew 9V-SKT is out for refit however she's been out for almost six months now and she's still on the ground!

Oops, must be costing SQ a fortune not to have this bird back in the air

It's much longer than SKS which was out early last month

Michael

Comment

• Yup surprise that SQ can have the plane out for 6 mths and it costs quite a lot in the millions as even in a month it cost easily over 2 mil for a plane that is not flying. Similarly a new 787, 9V-SCD, was grounded and hasn’t flown for over three months because of engine issues. Wonder how many aircrafts have been grounded for more than 3-4 months for service and refit.
              Last edited by flyguy; 17 July 2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
                I knew 9V-SKT is out for refit however she's been out for almost six months now and she's still on the ground!

Oops, must be costing SQ a fortune not to have this bird back in the air

It's much longer than SKS which was out early last month

Michael
                SKS was out for 8 months if I am not wrong.
                There are also many cases previously whereby these A380 were out for at least 3-5 months for maintainance.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Yup surprise that SQ can have the plane out for 6 mths and it costs quite a lot in the millions as even in a month it cost easily over 2 mil for a plane that is not flying. Similarly a new 787, 9V-SCD, was grounded and hasn’t flown for over three months because of engine issues. Wonder how many aircrafts have been grounded for more than 3-4 months for service and refit.
                  Whilst this is not SQ nor anything to do with SQ, just to give you an insight into aircraft grounding with regards to the RR Trent 1000 issues affecting the Boeing 787 fleets worldwide, Air New Zealand's 2nd Boeing 787-9, registration ZK-NZF, was grounded over a year. It only recently started flying again after receiving both engines. NZ still have one 787-9 grounded, which hopefully should be back in the air within the next month or two.

And my apologies for digressing from this thread...

Comment

• Osaka
                    SQ622 SIN1405 - KIX2120
                    SQ623 KIX2330 - SIN0530(+1)

Once again sees temporary A380v2 operation this winter. Currently scheduled for 11 days from 27/12/19 to 06/01/20, replacing 787-10.

(Edit: Just to clarify it was the SQ618/619 that saw A380 ops last winter, this year it's SQ622/623 instead)

Comment

There are also many cases previously whereby these A380 were out for at least 3-5 months for maintainance.
                      Correct, I recall monitoring the A380s quite a lot back when they had their PEY cabins installed and SKA was almost out of the sky as often as in it. I’m sure they were very happy to be rid of those early builds, even though SKA was what started it all.

Comment

• Check through last year posts, SKM was out for 5 months. SKP out for 3 1/2 months. SKR out for 3 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                          Osaka
                          SQ622 SIN1405 - KIX2120
                          SQ623 KIX2330 - SIN0530(+1)

Once again sees temporary A380v2 operation this winter. Currently scheduled for 11 days from 27/12/19 to 06/01/20, replacing 787-10.

(Edit: Just to clarify it was the SQ618/619 that saw A380 ops last winter, this year it's SQ622/623 instead)
                          Hey there, to be sure, the SQ622/SQ623 flight pair did see A380 operations from mid-Dec 2018 to 1st week of Jan 2019. These were operated by a mix of A380 v1 and v2. In fact, so were SQ618/SQ619.

Source: I was on 2 of those flights and a little disappointed that the 78J was swapped out. Also, https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...lights-in-w18/

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                            Hey there, to be sure, the SQ622/SQ623 flight pair did see A380 operations from mid-Dec 2018 to 1st week of Jan 2019. These were operated by a mix of A380 v1 and v2. In fact, so were SQ618/SQ619.

Source: I was on 2 of those flights and a little disappointed that the 78J was swapped out. Also, https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...lights-in-w18/
                            Oh yes you're right, I forgot that for a similar period last year the SQ622/623 was also A380 (double daily ops)! This winter it looks like no swap out for the SQ618/619, especially as they now have the 3rd daily A330 service.

Comment

3-5 months is pretty common but 6 months is a bit long.

Per Flightaware, last flight for SKT so far was SQ222 SYD-SIN on 29 Jan.

Michael

Comment

• I've booked a redemption fare to Mumbai on SQ424 in December and the aircraft will be a Ver. 3

Comment

Working...
                                X