No announcement yet.

To Taipei on Cathay/Dragonair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see I've had the same vegetarian penne pasta HKG-SIN! Yes mine tasted better than it looked too.

Comment

Passengers occupied with their IFE choices.

Flying into bad weather while nearing Singapore.

Starting descent into Singapore. Headsets collected, cabin prepared and Studio CX switched off around 20min before landing. With more airlines (including SQ currently on-trial) offering gate-to-gate IFE, I guess it will be soon that CX pax also "demands" similar "treatment". Well at least CX does not switch off its IFE as early as SQ used to.

Left with flight map and belly camera. Nearing home.

Into Malaysia.

Flaps out and over Batam.

Final approach, with the Singapore evening city skyline in the distance.

Touchdown on Rwy02L slightly ahead of schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6Ft9wI28Pk

Thank you again for flying CX!

Taxied to Terminal One and parked beside a Air Niugini B767.

Disembarking.

Again, a pleasant regional flight on CX, though service is slightly more robotic on this flight, but comparable to a normal SQ flight. IFE is very user-friendly and selection is good enough. However the new Economy seats are definitely a winner, offering much more comfort than most of the other Economy seats I have tried till now. Overall a much recommended and value for money airline.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Not sure if it's a coincidence or lack of creativity but fish and rice was one of the options back in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Not sure if it's a coincidence or lack of creativity but fish and rice was one of the options back in 2008
          That is why SQ trumps other airlines but if you see the flight as a procedural event to getting your face stuff with the glorious food in HKG, then no airline food will be worth the comparison

Comment

Good and detailed TR, with awesome pictures. Thanks for the great effort ycp81!

Comment

Nice TR ycp81! CX seems to have become one of the best Y class cabin carriers now, rivaled only be EK, SQ and AI 788.

Comment

In Y, CX is just average or above average - esp if you have no status, IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                  Nice TR ycp81! CX seems to have become one of the best Y class cabin carriers now, rivaled only be EK, SQ and AI 788.
                  EK with 10-across 777s and AI with 9-across 788s are far from rivalling SQ or CX.

Comment

Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                    I like especially the place they install the power point. Is really easy to access.

Comment

Working...
                    X