p.s. I love you: UA's Revamped Premium Service JFK-SFO in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    Agreed. Price is really attractive. A SGP to LA cab be up to S$1000 different. Assuming 5 trips a years, I can save S$4 to $5K.
    Are you referring to UA flights ex-SIN to the USA? The fares are good, but those flights depart at 5.50am via HKG or 7am via NRT. Extremely early start on the day of departure...it would take a lot of persuading (or a rock bottom fare...) to get me to wake up so early to catch a flight!

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Oh, you KNOW I completely differ in opinion!
      I think I've been quite lucky with UA so far! Wonder how long this run of good luck will last...it ran out with Lufthansa earlier this month (more on that later!).

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        Nice TR. Thanks!

After all the complaints by US based flyers, I was expecting the worst

However, I was impressed with the hard product, specifically Y+, which is superior to SQ/MI Y seats

They even offered IFE (direct TV) on ex CO aircraft

Pilots were impressive. Poor visibility but super smooth landings
        Thanks, 9V-SIA!

When you mentioned MI I thought of the Silkair flights I had to endure from Singapore to Hyderabad...4+ hours on an A319 with no IFE! UA's p.s. hard product is far superior. Hopefully Silkair's new 737's are better suited for these longer routes...

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Thanks, yflyer, for the TR.

This is truly an exception for UA. The routes I fly within the US (IAH-EWR/LGA, IAH-ATL, ATL-EWR, EWR-SEA) are either flown with 737 dash 800s and the Embraer RJ145. Terribly tight seats. And with no status on UA and possibility of a free upgrade, I have to either use my miles to get upgraded to their F/J especially on longer routes or pay a few extra dollars for Y+ (which is actually a good deal until I realise that I've paid over US$1K for a 4-hour IAH-EWR flight, which happens if I book late).
          Thanks, CarbonMan!

Not many opportunities for me to fly the smaller regional jets, so I am quite happy to get on the occasional Embraer RJ -- the novelty hasn't worn off yet. I don't think I would enjoy those flights if I had to do them on a regular basis, though!

I still remember one flight LA to San Diego on a UA Embraer EMB120 Brasilia turboprop...flight aside, the United FA on that flight was amazing. She took drink pre-orders before take-off and served everyone a drink of their choice after take-off on this short flight. And this was Y...

Comment

Working...
          X