Star Alliance Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Alliance Redemption

So, I happen to have a two week break soon and was thinking to spend some miles on a flight; PER - PPT via. AKL on NZ. Here's my question:

On the Singapore Airlines Website, it states that from SW Pacific 1 - SW Pacific 2 is 35000 miles return on Business class. Does that mean I would have to pay an additional 30000 miles for a return flight to PPT from AKL or would it remain the same as AKL and PPT are in the same region?

Thanks

No - all you need is 35,000 miles to go from PER-PPT and back and you can stop in AKL.

Having said all that........

If you're considering a trip to PPT, the 35,000 miles will be the least of your concerns as far as expenses go

Comment

Thanks a lot SQFG!

Oh, can you please elaborate on the 'expenses' part of the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
        Thanks a lot SQFG!

Oh, can you please elaborate on the 'expenses' part of the reply.

Diet coke in the airport cafeteria: 18 USD (higher now no doubt due to exchange rates)

Rental car on Bora bora: 150 USD per hour.

Room at the Bora Bora Nui - (some obscene rate I dare not put down here)

For everything else, there's a maxed out mastercard or three.

See here for some pics though

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1433

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Room at the Bora Bora Nui - (some obscene rate I dare not put down here)

For everything else, there's a maxed out mastercard or three.
          Quite! I'd wanted to blow 20k UA miles on an award to PPT with a stop in AKL, which is exceedingly good value on the face of it. Until one considers the 'other costs.'
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Do you mean a stop in AKL of less than 24 hours?

Comment

Nice report SQFG, and thanks for the insight.

Well, that made me reconsider going to PPT, and BOB - maybe some other time. I might just take a quick trip back to SGN then.

Comment

Working...
              X