Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SQ Safety Video

https://youtu.be/25brQSPMORg

Singapore Airlines (SIA) has unveiled its new in-flight safety video, which takes viewers on a panoramic journey across various locations in Singapore, beyond the traditional space of an aircraft cabin.

In this feature, viewers follow the Singapore Girl as she travels to familiar landmarks such as Boat Quay, The Intan Peranakan Home Museum, River Safari, Haji Lane, Adventure Cove WaterparkTM, Henderson Waves, Capitol Theatre and Gardens by the Bay. At each location, she meets diverse characters engaged in different activities that creatively demonstrate the safety instructions.

The new safety video is a result of a bilateral agreement signed between SIA and Singapore Tourism Board (STB) in June 2017, aimed at jointly promoting inbound travel to and through Singapore, and showcasing the city state to a global audience. Under the partnership, SIA and STB will jointly invest SGD$10 million combined, over three years, to collaborate on marketing activities, event promotion campaigns and technology initiatives which will facilitate ease of travel, and enhance the delivery of the right experiences to the right people, at the right time, and at the right place.

“Our new safety video provides a more captivating way of effectively presenting safety information to our customers as compared to the more conventional approach that we have taken up to now. At the same time, it proudly showcases many familiar spots in our home base of Singapore to a global audience,” said Singapore Airlines Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing, Mr Campbell Wilson.

“We are delighted that SIA’s new safety video offers a warm and refreshing take in conveying safety information by weaving in Singapore’s vibrant cultures, attractions and sights. Through this video, which also celebrates the places and people it features, millions of travellers on board will get to acquaint themselves with the alluring possibilities that the city offers, while noting the latest in safety information,” said Ms Lynette Pang, Assistant Chief Executive, Singapore Tourism Board.

“It is like taking our customers on a walk through Singapore,” said Ms Elizabeth Quek, who is a member of SIA’s cabin crew and was chosen to represent the Singapore Girl in the new safety video. “The locations featured in the video help show Singapore as a modern cosmopolitan city with unique culture and heritage, and I am honoured to be part of this wonderful journey.”

The new in-flight safety video will be screened on SIA flights from the end of the year.
    Last edited by feb01mel; 8 August 2017, 04:48 PM.

Refined, classy and representative of Singapore and its heritage. Absolutely love this video!

Comment

Just saw this. Wow, very classy and creative, beautiful! I like that it's not an overt attempt to be funny or irreverent or "cool" ... and that it is not a silly animation.

In fact, I think it is marvelous and befits a leading carrier like SQ! It also makes me want to visit Singapore ...that last shot is wonderful!

Comment

Another outstanding creative content. Wonderful capture, that delivers the safety message, showcasing the warmth, and graciousness of the Singapore girl, on location at various heritage landmarks that all Singaporeans are proud of. #SQAvgeek #SingaporeAir #SQ70Years #UltimateA350Experience

Comment

Does anyone know if the hostess is a real SQ F/A?

Comment

SIA's new in-flight safety video showcases Singapore landmarks
            http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...dmarks-9102596

Comment

This is a fantastic safety video. I watched it, but I'll definitely miss the safety videos with the aircraft interior depending on the plane you fly of course. It's a pity my father won't see it in his upcoming September trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
                Does anyone know if the hostess is a real SQ F/A?
                I would assume she's a real FSS as all the girls featured in SQ's advertisements and branding.

Comment

Finally, SQ has caught up to the counter-intuitive safety video trend of simulating safety procedures on an aircraft in an environment outside an aircraft. Although it took an STB marketing deal to make it happen, it's nice to see sights from home showcased to SQ passengers from around the world in a classy video. That being said, I will miss the tune of the current safety video which I have gotten familiar with over the years, like I used to miss the tune of the old one narrated by a pilot.

Comment

I would be thinking, where's the Merlion in the video?

Also I think it is not very clear when they are showing the emergency exits. I think SQ needs to review their procedures to see whether crew should be pointing out the exits, because sometimes I am on a plane and I don't know where the exits are, especially some of them are being covered by a curtain.

Comment

I think it is good. However it is quite long. People will get fedup half way though in my opinion.

Comment

I love it

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                          I think it is good. However it is quite long. People will get fedup half way though in my opinion.
                          I agree, I almost reached that point while watching the SV otherwise not bad.

Comment

Wonderful video, and I love how a rendition of the classic "Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly" tune is used at the end!

Comment

I enjoyed the new safety video. It captures the charm of Singapore in a good sense.

The only minor criticism I had was the tone seemed a bit too peaceful. I preferred the previous safety video's background tunes as they are more cheerful and upbeat.

I also noticed that the Singapore boys and the Pilot team members weren't present in the video, unlike the previous videos. A bit of a step back?

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                              I would assume she's a real FSS as all the girls featured in SQ's advertisements and branding.

Comment

Working...
                              X