SQ70 Amenity kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ70 Amenity kit

Received this amenity kit when flying Business Class departing Singapore.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BWHUmrLgzGe/

The immediately useful stuff would be the hand cream and lip balm, but I applaud SQ for thinking out of the box with the laundry-related items. I showed my mother the contents and she was elated with it so it does tick the box for some people I suppose! I suspect it's also SQ's way of a trial for a permanent amenity kit in the future for Business Class.

A business class amenity kit, from SQ? Big news indeed! Hope they make it permanent.

On one hand, for regular travellers, the amenity kits tend to pile up...I imagine frequent flyers might have cupboards full of them at home.

On the other hand, as others have pointed out, they can be great for marketing and branding. And of course, practically all other full service carriers offer J amenity kits (And many go all out to make them distinctive.).

I have also found it slightly amusing that while SQ J pax don't get a full amenity kit, Y pax on the other hand get a slightly useless "amenity" zipper bag with toothbrush and socks, which I would not really miss if they got rid of them.

Perhaps the way to do it is for SQ to offer J amenity kits, but have them delivered sealed with a cardboard/paper wrapper or even in a sealed plastic bag, so that if pax don't want them, or don't want to waste them (Save the environment!) they can be collected back and reused if still sealed.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      On one hand, for regular travellers, the amenity kits tend to pile up...I imagine frequent flyers might have cupboards full of them at home.
      A lot of travellers don't even bother taking the kits with them after landing...

Comment

I have also found it slightly amusing that while SQ J pax don't get a full amenity kit, Y pax on the other hand get a slightly useless "amenity" zipper bag with toothbrush and socks, which I would not really miss if they got rid of them.
        Please don't take away the Y amenity kits. That's like taking away the only thing left onboard (once the menus are gone from all sectors) that gives some semblance of flying an expensive premium airline. I would suggest instead to review what they put in the amenity kits.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          A lot of travellers don't even bother taking the kits with them after landing...
          Occasionally I would take the amenity bag, they are quite handy to store cables and adaptors when travelling. But I would dispose most of the content onboard in such a case.

Comment

A business class amenity kit, from SQ? Big news indeed! Hope they make it permanent.

On the other hand, as others have pointed out, they can be great for marketing and branding. And of course, practically all other full service carriers offer J amenity kits (And many go all out to make them distinctive.).

Perhaps the way to do it is for SQ to offer J amenity kits, but have them delivered sealed with a cardboard/paper wrapper or even in a sealed plastic bag, so that if pax don't want them, or don't want to waste them (Save the environment!) they can be collected back and reused if still sealed.
            Suites, First and Business Class passengers will receive a limited edition #SQ70Years amenity kit onboard flights from Singapore (except to Kuala Lumpur). Celebrate 70 Years of a Great Way to Fly with #SingaporeAir
            https://www.facebook.com/singaporeai...618679/?type=3

Comment

What is the big deal with people wanting kits when you can get everything from the bathroom?

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                Received this amenity kit when flying Business Class departing Singapore.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BWHUmrLgzGe/

The immediately useful stuff would be the hand cream and lip balm, but I applaud SQ for thinking out of the box with the laundry-related items. I showed my mother the contents and she was elated with it so it does tick the box for some people I suppose! I suspect it's also SQ's way of a trial for a permanent amenity kit in the future for Business Class.
                This looks pretty good to kick off their 70th Anniversary. I heard they did quite a lot for their 70th anniversary; give out ice cream with the 70th, have a KrisWorld opener with that and so on. I like the Givenchy amenity kits as well, but the one you showed is pretty nice, too. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                  Occasionally I would take the amenity bag, they are quite handy to store cables and adaptors when travelling.
                  I used it that way too, until one day the based of the amenity bag tore open. They're quite poor in quality, after all.

Comment

I was not refering to the Cheapo-SQ Y Amenity bags, they are useless.

Currently Iam using an SQ-F Amenity bag and one from TG. I have them in use for some years now.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                      I was not refering to the Cheapo-SQ Y Amenity bags, they are useless.

Currently Iam using an SQ-F Amenity bag and one from TG. I have them in use for some years now.
                      Gotcha!! My mistake and my apologies then.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        What is the big deal with people wanting kits when you can get everything from the bathroom?
                        That's exactly what SQ management has been thinking for a gazillion years probably.

I don't think people actually need an amenity kit. It's more of a 'everyone else has it so why doesn't SQ have it?' thing maybe?

Comment

It's completely off the mark providing laundry detergents to passengers in Business, First and Suites! As BK Tan had pointed out, it makes no sense at all, but individual Amenity Kits is definitely the way forward - https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...&id=6352578678

Comment

Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                            It's completely off the mark providing laundry detergents to passengers in Business, First and Suites! As BK Tan had pointed out, it makes no sense at all, but individual Amenity Kits is definitely the way forward - https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...&id=6352578678
                            link is broken

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=6352578678

Comment

Working...
                              X