No announcement yet.

Messing around with MEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is probably good news for to SQ 228.

According to Routes Online, SQ 207/208 is scheduled to go daily 350 to Melbourne from May 12.

This means less Y seats to Melbourne though.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
      This is probably good news for to SQ 228.

According to Routes Online, SQ 207/208 is scheduled to go daily 350 to Melbourne from May 12.

This means less Y seats to Melbourne though.
      Well SQ228 has just stepped off SQ228 and couldn't be happier to get this news given my next flight out of MEL is an SQ208 on a day not previously destined for the 3x weekly A350! Could it be I've been on my last B772ER EVER???

Comment

• it be good for MEL flights. But then not sure if this A350 would be relacing the 772 or the A330 service permanently in the coming months?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          it be good for MEL flights. But then not sure if this A350 would be relacing the 772 or the A330 service permanently in the coming months?
          It will replace the 772 on SQ207/8 permantly I would be guessing. The flight fits into the A350 rotation, essentially filling a gap between other A350 flights.

SQ247/8 will not begin until mid-July and while initially planned as an A330, it won't surprise me if it turns 772 as they don't have much to do and they will replace A330s when they return to lessors.

Comment

• SQ, CX and TG are really ramping up MEL flights, giving it the first A350 flights into Australia. CX will be double daily A350 out of MEL by years end, still keeping a daily 77W though, I wonder if this prompted SQ to make MEL daily A350 so early on? Still not sure what the problem is at TG, they seem to be having problems from CASA in bringing them to MEL, both daily flights are suppose to be A350 from late last year.

MEL isn't a secondary market to SYD anymore, so hopefully with all the attention it is getting from all carriers will give MEL pax more options in the future!

Comment

• Looks like the A350 will be perm on SQ207/208.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...round-in-nw17/

Comment

Looks like the A350 will be perm on SQ207/208.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...round-in-nw17/
                Was only a matter of time and I'm very happy!

Comment

• Just noticed 9V-SVF has been flying SQ8205 & SQ8206 between SIN&MEL for the last 2 weeks, some sort of charter flights?

EDIT: NVM, looks like scoot charter flights

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...t=15661&page=2
                  Last edited by SQ217; 14 August 2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Looking at SQ218 (A380 / MEL-SIN 00:05-06:00) award availability for 11/08/2018 I noticed:
                    1) When I search for awards it shows up as A380 and I can waitlist the flight as saver and standard in First and book it as saver in Business.
                    2) I cannot find revenue availability in First on the SQ website. Business is available.
                    3) I can find First availability on Kayak & Co.

A sign for the new A380 cabin coming to Melbourne or just another IT glitch? It's like this for a few weeks now. And it's the same for sourrounding dates. I am on SQ238/SQ308 and was hoping to switch to SQ218 to increase the chances of the new First. I waitlisted it, but I don't think chances are high.

Comment

• at https://www.expertflyer.com/air/seatMapResults.do the SQ218 on 11 August 2018 shows available for Suite class and the layout is still current layout of 12 paxes.

Comment

• Expectation management: SQ will present the new Suites in November, the first bird will fly in January. 5 new birds will get new Suites, the other 10 birds will still fly with the old Suites for some time.

MEL will not see new Suites in 2018.

Comment

• For the record, SQ217/218 have gone 77WR. However, at the end of October, it will change to a 3-class 2006 77W and/or 77WN when NRT becomes an A380 at the end of this month. NRT will go back to the 77W when SQ217/218 gets the A380 temporarily in Dec and from sometime in Jan, should be a 77WR again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            For the record, SQ217/218 have gone 77WR. However, at the end of October, it will change to a 3-class 2006 77W and/or 77WN when NRT becomes an A380 at the end of this month. NRT will go back to the 77W when SQ217/218 gets the A380 temporarily in Dec and from sometime in Jan, should be a 77WR again.
                            I have a booking for SQ 217 end October and it shows me a 77WR.

Comment

I have a booking for SQ 217 end October and it shows me a 77WR.
                              I guess EF is yet to update it. Oct 29, 30, 31 which begin the Northern Winter schedule indicate 8 F seats on 217 instead of 4 F.

Comment

• I'm sure SQ217/8 will get a 77WR because essentially it's coming off AKL. The A380 MEL is getting in November is coming from elsewhere to my knowledge and I believe I read somewhere it would be all upper J.

Future allocations of the 77WR don't seem to occur now until the extra plane is refitted. I have a booking end of next July on SQ237 which shows a 3-class layout still. There can't possibly still be a 77W or 77WN still around by then.

Comment

Working...
                                X