sin cgk sin immediate turnaround question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sin cgk sin immediate turnaround question

hi guys, have a quick turnaround question to ask regarding ex-cgk flights from those who frequently do it.

got a cgk-sin-iah coming up and would like to know how fast would it be to clear cgk customs and reboard plane WITHOUT baggage

ex cgk on SQ 967 2015 hrs

actually i already have a confirmed airasia flight sin-cgk which departs at 1710 arr 1810 (mad rush to airport after work, should be able to make it with no baggage and straight-to-gate process)

was thinking if i should redeem a one way on either

SQ964 dep 1720 arr 1810 (dont have to mad rush to airport after work as the 10 mins from airasia is quite crucial)

or

SQ966 dep 1830 arr 1920 (dont wish to spend so much time in cgk and dont have to rush to airport)

or

stick to my airasia booking (i checked that airasia and SQ uses different terminals 2D and 2E, are they the same do i need to change terminals_ as i have never been to cgk before)

any latest updates on immediate turnarounds as i read the airport is quite messy and there is the departure tax fiasco have to make payments running between counters

also, with return check in done in SIN for cgk-sin-iah, will i be able to make it if i take SQ966 and will i be able remain inside the arrival and departure area without going out of immigration and pay any departure tax?

cheers all

Hi Vader, that will depends on several factors.

In the best case scenario, the immigration queue can be quite fast to clear nowadays in CGK Terminal 2 especially since Garuda Indonesia has vacated Terminal 2 to Terminal 3.
    From your arrival timing, other flights arriving at Terminal 2D or 2E from 17:30 to 18:30 are Malaysia Airlines B737 from Kuala Lumpur, Turkish Airlines B777 from Istanbul, Singapore Airlines A330 from Singapore, AirAsia A320 from Penang, AirAsia A320 from Singapore. Look like not too busy flight arrival thus 20 to 30 mins after arrival, you should be able to clear immigration and walk out from arrival hall. Remember to fill up customs form (not the immigration form) on board of flight to save time.

If you require visa on arrival (VOA), that will add maybe a few mins to your turnaround as you are required to go to VOA counter to pay for your visa before going to the immigration queue.

If your plane is parked at remote stands and you need to be bussed to the arrival hall, that will probably add 10 mins or so. SQ flight usually won't encounter this problem. But that can't be said of AirAsia flight as their aircraft maybe rotated for onward domestic flight and maybe parked at Terminal 2F domestic gates. Nonetheless, I checked on Flightradar24 today and found that AirAsia plane arriving from Singapore today is headed to Kuala Lumpur and thus unlikely to be parked at remote stands or domestic Terminal 2F gates.

Once you walk out from arrival hall, just take the stairs or lift up one level to the departure level. CGK Terminal 2 is semi-circle in shape and consists of 2D, 2E and 2F which are linked together at the pre check-in area. You need to show your ticket either on paper or your mobile to get access to the check in area. You should head to gate 1 of the T2D where SQ check in counter is located right at the end of the terminal 2. SQ flight check-in in CGK closes about 40 mins prior to departure and is located furthest away from departure immigration at T2E so do expect a bit of walking even after checking in. Terminal 2D and 2E are linked in the departure check in area.

All flight tickets departing from CGK would have departure taxes included when buying your flight ticket already and thus no longer require running around to make payments at different counters.

If you take SQ966, you will be basically flying in and out on the same plane with the same set of crews.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
      Hi Vader, that will depends on several factors.

In the best case scenario, the immigration queue can be quite fast to clear nowadays in CGK Terminal 2 especially since Garuda Indonesia has vacated Terminal 2 to Terminal 3.
      From your arrival timing, other flights arriving at Terminal 2D or 2E from 17:30 to 18:30 are Malaysia Airlines B737 from Kuala Lumpur, Turkish Airlines B777 from Istanbul, Singapore Airlines A330 from Singapore, AirAsia A320 from Penang, AirAsia A320 from Singapore. Look like not too busy flight arrival thus 20 to 30 mins after arrival, you should be able to clear immigration and walk out from arrival hall. Remember to fill up customs form (not the immigration form) on board of flight to save time.

If you require visa on arrival (VOA), that will add maybe a few mins to your turnaround as you are required to go to VOA counter to pay for your visa before going to the immigration queue.

If your plane is parked at remote stands and you need to be bussed to the arrival hall, that will probably add 10 mins or so. SQ flight usually won't encounter this problem. But that can't be said of AirAsia flight as their aircraft maybe rotated for onward domestic flight and maybe parked at Terminal 2F domestic gates. Nonetheless, I checked on Flightradar24 today and found that AirAsia plane arriving from Singapore today is headed to Kuala Lumpur and thus unlikely to be parked at remote stands or domestic Terminal 2F gates.

Once you walk out from arrival hall, just take the stairs or lift up one level to the departure level. CGK Terminal 2 is semi-circle in shape and consists of 2D, 2E and 2F which are linked together at the pre check-in area. You need to show your ticket either on paper or your mobile to get access to the check in area. You should head to gate 1 of the T2D where SQ check in counter is located right at the end of the terminal 2. SQ flight check-in in CGK closes about 40 mins prior to departure and is located furthest away from departure immigration at T2E so do expect a bit of walking even after checking in. Terminal 2D and 2E are linked in the departure check in area.

All flight tickets departing from CGK would have departure taxes included when buying your flight ticket already and thus no longer require running around to make payments at different counters.

If you take SQ966, you will be basically flying in and out on the same plane with the same set of crews.
      hi david thanks for your kind reply, i will probably do return check in at SIN for CGK-SIN-IAH, is it possible that i book SQ966 and do a immediate turnaround without exiting and entering immigration again? are the arrival and departure halls connected in CGK?

im holding singapore passport so no visa issues, will the plane SQ 967 dep time 2015hrs wait for me if i am arriving on SQ966 which arrives in at 1920hrs considering i have no baggage and return check in done in SIN?

Comment

Originally posted by vader View Post
        hi david thanks for your kind reply, i will probably do return check in at SIN for CGK-SIN-IAH, is it possible that i book SQ966 and do a immediate turnaround without exiting and entering immigration again? are the arrival and departure halls connected in CGK?

im holding singapore passport so no visa issues, will the plane SQ 967 dep time 2015hrs wait for me if i am arriving on SQ966 which arrives in at 1920hrs considering i have no baggage and return check in done in SIN?
        I think should be possible to do immediate turnaround. Since the plane will be departing from the same gate, just ask the agent at the gate upon deplaning if it is possible to enter the departure gate holding area by showing your boarding pass. If yes, you will probably save a lot of hassle of walking. If not, you'll probably just have to follow the arriving crowds to the arrival area. Look for signs to the transfer desk / point (should be just before immigration and possibly at the foot of a staircase / elevator at the arrival level), show your onward boarding pass and after being cleared by the security, climb the stairs or go up the elevator appear at the departure level. You may then proceed for some shopping or immediately for aviation security check at the D gates.

Comment

Nonetheless, the cost of redeeming a one way SIN-CGK award flight may not make economic sense for such a short flight. And the commercial booking of one way SIN-CGK flight on SQ is usually very high.

Comment

Originally posted by vader View Post

You can head to Transfer Counters upon arrival and find SQ, regardless of whether flying in via AirAsia or SQ, if you don't have a printed boarding pass. Once you have, transfer up to Departure level through security without passing immigration. It is advisable to check-in via Online Check-in before leaving Singapore anyway or, as you said, at Changi (latest).

If you leave SIN with a boarding pass in hand, you can transfer straight to Departures.

Second question, SQ967 won't wait.....gate closes 10-15min before departure but you'll have another security screening to go through first. Personally, time is a bit tight for a connection but all going well, doable with a flight arriving on time.

Comment

If the question is whether you can step off an SQ flight at CGK T2 and reenter the departures terminal, the answer is yes. You need to have a boarding pass in hand for the next flight. Don't go thru immigration. There are a set of stairs, escalators before immigration counters (the one for foreigners), they'll take you back up to the departure area, where you will need to clear departure security before you enter your gate.

Reentering the gate holding straight off of the jetway is a different approach. I can't say whether it will work or not, but my guess is that they will look at your strangely and will insist you go via the transfer link above and go through departures security to reenter the gate holding area. But do let us know if you try that approach.

Comment

Working...
              X