Fight broke out in the Private Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight broke out in the Private Room

I was flying SQ 322 SIN-LHR on 4th Aug in Suites. About an hour before the flight I was in TPR when all of a sudden I heard a loud commotion. A woman was shouting to another man to get off her partner. Shortly after this the lounge ladies quickly ran off shouting to call for the police and later returned with a first aid kit.

As I left the lounge I asked the lady on the door what happened (because of the privacy set up of TPR I couldn't see anything). Apparently here is how the story goes.

A man (alone) who had too much to drink was speaking very loudly (call him man1). A guy (man2) who was with his girlfriend/wife asked man1 if he minded keeping his voice down. Man1 reacted by punching man2 in the face and man1 had to be pulled off man2. Man1 then proceeded to leave the lounge quickly as the lounge staff tried to get him to wait there for the police to arrive. I ask the lady on the door which flight these people were on and she said they were both on my flight...how lovely.

As I arrived at the gate I saw one of the ladies from the room stood at the security with two police men. It seemed she was waiting to identify the man. On board I told the crew all about this and they didn't know anything about it. Later they came back and said both men were in the lounge speaking to police. A little while later man2 got on the plane with a black eye and cuts and blood all over his face. The crew confirmed man1 was off loaded and arrested.

Well I do like the TPR but I have always found it so quiet that I dare not speak. I have lived in Singapore for over 6 years and have never seen anyone fighting. How funny that the first time I do is in TPR of all places!

As for the flight it was as amazing as long haul suites ever is and the crew were the best I have ever experienced. Thank you SQ...again.

Well done SQ and the relevant avsec employees. There is no place on this planet for loutish behavior - whether flying suites or not.

Comment

i have not logged into the site for a while.

sad to hear such things do happen.

Comment

Never have I seen such behaviour on my travels. Some people are such bad travelers - they should just go get their own personal jet.

Comment

Ethanol makes boys do stupid things

Comment

Not a nice experience for all those concerned.

Do SQ blacklist passengers? If so I wonder if they will in this case... an R passenger as I understand? Still no excuse for that kind of behaviour

Comment

Thank goodness it didn't happen in the air!

Comment

Welcome to the UK

Comment

I feel sorry for the poor guy who got punched.

Glad craig777 did not have to bear with the drunkard's presence on the flight.

Comment

I presume Man1 was a caucasian ?

Comment

I presume Man1 was a caucasian ?
                      Whats that got to do with it?

Comment

Let craig777 share with us if my presumption is correct and I will share with you what scientific research shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Guy View Post
                          Let craig777 share with us if my presumption is correct and I will share with you what scientific research shows.
                          Methinks this thread should probably be closed.
                          Last edited by crazycrab955; 15 August 2011, 01:29 AM.

Comment

The Punching Room?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
                              Methinks this thread should probably be closed.
                              Tend to agree. Doesn't sound like a discussion that will be worth going into. there are so many differences between 'Caucasians' that a fair number of folks could be offended by whatever comes out of that. Same as generalizing 'Asians' or any other ethnicity is a bad idea in a forum like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X