• Show
Clear All

• Oasis - £260 LGW-HKG Y - r/t

JHM
    SQTalk PPS Club
    Oasis - £260 LGW-HKG Y - r/t
    « Thread started on: Sep 6th, 2006, 10:31pm »

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576058

Tickets appear to be available from today. Apparently operated using ex-SQ 744's.
    It will be interesting to hear about peoples' experiences with this.

JHM
    SQTalk PPS Club
    Re: Oasis - £260 LGW-HKG Y - r/t
    « Reply #1 on: Sep 13th, 2006, 8:30pm »

The gf has taken the plunge and booked a return in January for £260 to visit home (SIN) via a spot of shopping in HK. The tix confirmation still says the fares are subject to HK government approval.

The profiles of the people behind the airline are here:

http://www.oasishongkong.com/gb/en/aboutus/team.aspx

A number of ex-KA/CX people plus an ex-SQ LSS as manager of cabin services.

« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2006, 8:31pm by JHM »

9V-JKL
    SQTalk Elite Gold
    « Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2006, 11:12am »
    Their 1st plane left SIN on yesterday reg B-LFA. Was at one time 9V-SMC.

Some pics available on 9V site

MANFlyer
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #3 on: Sep 20th, 2006, 4:27pm »
    on Sep 20th, 2006, 11:12am 9V-JKL wrote:
    Some pics available on 9V site

Have the 9V mob moved or something ?. When I tried to log on I just get loads of Asian Aerospace stuff.

9V-JKL
    SQTalk Elite Gold
    « Reply #4 on: Sep 20th, 2006, 4:48pm »
    on Sep 20th, 2006, 4:27pm, MANFlyer wrote:
    Have the 9V mob moved or something ?. When I tried to log on I just get loads of Asian Aerospace stuff.

Ah........that's the primary page. Click on the part that says forum or http://ninervictor.com/forum/index.php

MANFlyer
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #5 on: Sep 20th, 2006, 5:47pm »

Still can't see much, except the Coffe Lounge. I presume if you join you see other stuff ?.

9V-JKL
    SQTalk Elite Gold
    « Reply #6 on: Sep 20th, 2006, 6:21pm »
    on Sep 20th, 2006, 5:47pm, MANFlyer wrote:
    I presume if you join you see other stuff ?.

Yup, one has to be a member to see the other stuff.

MANFlyer
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #7 on: Sep 22nd, 2006, 4:35pm »
    on Sep 20th, 2006, 6:21pm, 9V-JKL wrote:
    Yup, one has to be a member to see the other stuff.

I joined to have a look. I think the livery is excellent to be honest. Looks like things are going rather well:

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines has sold an average of 1,100 tickets a day since it started accepting reservations.

The new airline has also just celebrated the arrival of its first aircraft at Hong Kong International Airport on September 19.

Despite the extraordinary ticket sales record achieved, currently the incredible HK$1,000 “hot deal” tickets are still available for Christmas and Chinese New Year. Booking early is advised as over half of the tickets in this price bracket have already been sold! Oasis Hong Kong Airlines’ price promise ensures 10% of economy class seats on every flight at this amazing rate for at least one year after its launch.

In addition to travel agents, ticket bookings through direct channels including the internet and their customer service call centre have proved very popular.

Stephen Miller, Chief Executive Officer of Oasis Hong Kong Airlines, said “With over 500,000 visitors and 5,000 telephone enquiries to date – Oasis Hong Kong Airlines has captured the imagination of thousands. Sales have exceeded expectations in comparison to other start-up airlines with over 10,000 tickets sold in the past 14 days.

“We have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first aircraft and take great pride in announcing that it landed at the Hong Kong International Airport the day before yesterday. Now that it’s here we can complete the final steps in obtaining the Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) which we have been working closely with authorities on over the last year. We have every confidence that we will receive the AOC by the inaugural flight date – the 25th of October.”

Oasis Hong Kong Airlines currently owns two Boeing 747-400s (previously owned and maintained by Singapore Airlines) with plans to expand to a fleet of five aircraft by the end of 2007. Engineering and maintenance will be carried out by HAECO, a leading aviation maintenance provider in Asia.
Working...
X