No announcement yet.

BA Unveils New J Seat Early On Website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA Unveils New J Seat Early On Website!

Greetings,

To randomly spoil BA's party, at least on forums, clutching at straws and slightly hungover in Singapore, I just went to

NewClubWorld.com

And guess what I found?!

Go direct to the 360 Degree virtual tour at here
    Kudos to me

The dividers certainly look better than the current fan-shaped, flimsy ones. I recall, not with a lot of fondness, lying down to sleep and looking up at my seatmate's face.

Speaking as a consumer, I love competition.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Wow!!!

Hmm, I hope this means there's an improvement to the soft product as well. But then I've only flown BA when I'm assured friends are working onboard.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I think it looks very nice indeed, although I haven't tried the current product so can't compare. This was surprisingly 'talked down' as just a minor tidy up but it looks much more than that.

Great find BTW Singapore_Air.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Wow!!!

Hmm, I hope this means there's an improvement to the soft product as well. But then I've only flown BA when I'm assured friends are working onboard.
            It's just the consistency of the service that needs to be repaired. IME, when BA cabin crews are on, they're very good. Fortunately, I don't fly Club World often enough to have run into the indifferent crews too often.

Comment

Closer analysis has revealed one shortcoming :

Aisle access is not guaranteed for the middle seats if the footrest of the "aisle holder" is in the down position like on Old club world. It's still 8 abreast as well. The partitions do give it a feeling of privacy but otherwise it looks very nice indeed.

Having said that, I think the Golden Goose has still got the Nigels well and truly shaded here.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post

Having said that, I think the Golden Goose has still got the Nigels well and truly shaded here.
                I agree. I think BA's new seat may not be of the most innovative and latest.
                It looks nice, but Singapore Air's new seats on the 773-300ER are better I am sure.

But even that is still not as good as (from the pics i see) - the new CX ones. I think those will be better, and at least i can guarantee to get it on most flights. for now i have no reason to go to paris/hongkong/milan or barcelona - so the use for me, is limited.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
                  Closer analysis has revealed one shortcoming :

Aisle access is not guaranteed for the middle seats if the footrest of the "aisle holder" is in the down position like on Old club world.
                  Looking at the picture aisle access looks virtually impossible if the other passenger is sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    Looking at the picture aisle access looks virtually impossible if the other passenger is sleeping.
                    Nadia Comaneci would disagree. But then, most of us on this site aren't capable of triple lindy's so whilst SHE may not have the same thoughts as you, I do.

Comment

I flew in New Club World (back when it was of course, new) once, a long time ago - and if I recall correctly, it wasn't any good if the footstool was raised. Needless to say, i find it unacceptable, and I've avoided Club since. This one looks no better. I'll stick to SQ I think.

Comment

Looks great alternative - BA new IFE should be interesting

Comment

Writeup here from Business Traveller's website

Comment

Size Matters : VS pokes fun at new BA seat

Like him or hate him (and I am always greatly amused by the vitriol some on the BA board have for SRB ), he doesn't miss a trick:

On Friday, Virgin Atlantic Airways highlighted the differences between its Upper Class Suite and BA’s new Club World seat, with the launch of a campaign showing how Virgin believes passengers are being short-changed by BA.

The poster and print campaign, which will be running for the next three weeks, illustrates the extent of Virgin's product offering for business travellers including one of the longest fully flat beds in business class, the limo service, Heathrow Clubhouse and the service onboard and the extensive inflight entertainment system, onboard bar and inflight beauty therapy.

The campaign includes a picture of BA boss Willie Walsh in the new BA Club World seat with the strapline “Sorry Willie…still 7.5 inches too short” illustrating how much the Upper Class Suite is longer in length. The advert will be touring around key London sites including the London Eye, Trafalgar Square and Heathrow Airport on a lorry poster. It will also ran as a strip advertisement in selected publications over the weekend.

Sir Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Atlantic, commented, “The advertising shows that BA’s new seat will fall short of passengers’ expectations – especially once they have travelled on the Upper Class Suite which is 7.5 inches longer. You could say that Virgin will go to any lengths to show passengers how to get the best night’s sleep onboard!”

Virgin Atlantic's Upper Class Suite bed is 79.5 inches long and 33 inches wide.

Talking of SRB, went to watch the new Bond film at the weekend (recommended BTW !) and he is seen getting a pat down at security at MIA.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Like him or hate him (and I am always greatly amused by the vitriol some on the BA board have for SRB ), he doesn't miss a trick ...
                              I'm part of the bemused crowds as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X