Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
    Still nothing?
    I'm holding out hope maybe for mid-year. A couple more are arriving by then and one of the existing A350s will stop flying to MEL. CPH is so glaringly obvious yet it never gets even a rumour now.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

According to Airlineroute, SQ 352/351 will switch to the B777-300ER effective 29 Oct.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...rvice-changes/

Comment

Wow, that's a pretty significant upgauge/upgrade in quality. CPH must be doing well......77Ws are fuel-efficient for their size....but they still burn more than the older 772ERs i would think......

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
            According to Airlineroute, SQ 352/351 will switch to the B777-300ER effective 29 Oct.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...rvice-changes/
            Omg! That's awesome! I find it quite interesting though, I thought they would get the A350 instead!
            Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

They must be confident they can fill the front of the plane.

Along with the F cabin of 4 (assuming they go for the B77WR which will be almost standard by then) the J cabin will almost double in size from 26 to 48,
              there will be 28 PEY seats to sell, but regular Y will fall from 245 to 184.

I'd have guessed AMS could sustain more J traffic than CPH, but I'm not the one with the figures in front of me. I'm sure they would have discussed this with SAS. Perhaps ARN has cooled the demand for Y out of CPH and they desperately need to give passengers a better experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                They must be confident they can fill the front of the plane.

Along with the F cabin of 4 (assuming they go for the B77WR which will be almost standard by then) the J cabin will almost double in size from 26 to 48,
                there will be 28 PEY seats to sell, but regular Y will fall from 245 to 184.

I'd have guessed AMS could sustain more J traffic than CPH, but I'm not the one with the figures in front of me. I'm sure they would have discussed this with SAS. Perhaps ARN has cooled the demand for Y out of CPH and they desperately need to give passengers a better experience.
                I have heard more stories, here in Copenhagen, that people who were traveling to Singapore with a short notice could not get bussiness class ticket at SQ but had to use EK or QR

Comment

Originally posted by EKCH View Post
                  I have heard more stories, here in Copenhagen, that people who were traveling to Singapore with a short notice could not get bussiness class ticket at SQ but had to use EK or QR
                  Hmmmm this could explain it. And given EK's J product, this would be a pretty big improvement (unless you're taller than 6'0, given the number of complaints). QR's product is better, but having 1 stop may be a tipping point.

Comment

Do you guys think that Copenhagen will keep the 777-300ER for a long time?

Comment

Do you guys think that Copenhagen will keep the 777-300ER for a long time?
                      Hard to say. If this arrangement works they may decide to keep it, given they have plenty of 77Ws available at present. Another alternative could be going daily A359 once they have enough of them available, and if they want to deploy the 77Ws elsewhere. The good news is that either way, CPH can start enjoying the 2013 products and say good-bye to 16yo IFE.

Comment

Copenhagen will now get the 777-300ER starting from August instead of October which was initially planned.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ore%20airlines

Comment

Copenhagen will now get the 777-300ER starting from August instead of October which was initially planned.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...ore%20airlines
                          I see that, but it's 5 weekly instead of daily. Correct me if I am wrong but CPH has never been daily. I guess they have to send the 77WR somewhere if they got extras after evening arrivals (i.e. SQ228, SQ865, SQ11, etc) and that MUC is going daily 359 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                            I see that, but it's 5 weekly instead of daily. Correct me if I am wrong but CPH has never been daily. I guess they have to send the 77WR somewhere if they got extras after evening arrivals (i.e. SQ228, SQ865, SQ11, etc) and that MUC is going daily 359 soon.
                            Yes, that's right, CPH has never gotten daily flights.

Comment

As SQ351/SQ352 got the 777-300ER it must be doing pretty well? Do you think CPH will get daily flights soon? Would a seasonal A380 work for the route?

Comment

Yes, that's right, CPH has never gotten daily flights.
                                If memory serves me right, CPH might have gotten daily flights, albeit it was a long time ago and perhaps only for a short period of time. I recalled it was in the early 90s, not long after SQ received the B744, at a time when they started introducing the 2nd daily flight to LHR (SQ320/319 I think it was). That flight didn’t do SIN-LHR non stop, but rather SIN-XXX-LHR, where XXX in an intermediate European stop. I recalled ZRH and CPH being 2 of them, i.e. SIN-CPH-LHR and SIN-ZRH-LHR. Just can’t recall if those flights were operated at the same time or they alternated between days of the week...

Also, CPH used to be coupled with another European destination (SIN-XXX-CPH), and used to be on flight nos SQ328/327. I think it was only with the intro of the A343 that SQ352/351 SIN-CPH vv turnarounds came to exist...

So it could have been with the combination of SQ320/319 and SQ328/327 that CPH had daily flights...
                                Last edited by wlgspotter; 21 October 2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X