A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    4 class configuration on A350-1000? Will the extended bit of the plane offsets the length of how much first class will occupy? If so, is it worthwhile for the extra purchase cost and the fuel to carry just 4 passengers?
    A35K is more than 20 feet longer, that should be enough to add in a first class cabin. Add just four F seats and you end up with a configuration that's very close to a 77WR. It wouldn't be any time soon - probably when SQ starts ordering their 77W replacements, which is still a ways off.

Of course, before that, what to do with the A380 comes into play, and that's an interesting problem for any armchair SQ CEO...

Comment

However, I am interested to know whether SQ is considering frequency rather than capacity for European routes since they are under heavy threat from ME3.
      I think this may well be the strategy, especially EK. And if they can beat EK at its daily to everywhere in Europe concept, it could really inflict some damage. What will EK then do with their 90+ A380 fleet? SQ will have a large fleet of smaller, more efficient planes instead that can be matched so much better to demand.

Comment

• SQ A350 Production Update.
        There are currently 5 SQ A350s in the Final Assembly Line.

Msn 26 (9V-SMA): Painted. Engines installed. Currently in Station 20 undergoing cockpit & cabin furnishing, seat installation. First flight will be in December in time for delivery in January 2016.

Msn 30 (9V-SMB): Painted. Undergoing engine installation at Station C63. Will move to Station 20 next. First Flight should be in January 2016.

Msn 31 (9V-SMC): Entered Paint hanger L07 yesterday.

Msn 37 (9V-SMD): Fully assembled. In Station 18 undergoing outdoor ground tests.

Msn 41 (9V-SME): In Station 40 where the wings, vertical tail, horizontal tail and tail cone are joined to the fuselage. The landing gear and engine pylons are also added here.

Comment

• Is the introduction of the A359 to AMS still scheduled for April?
          My booking AMS-SIN-AMS at the end of April gives the a/c as 77W..

Comment

• Originally posted by IM@AMS View Post
            Is the introduction of the A359 to AMS still scheduled for April?
            I just tried a booking for July and it still shows 77W so I think the system still hasn't been updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by IM@AMS View Post
              Is the introduction of the A359 to AMS still scheduled for April?
              I think that's probably because they still haven't decided when exactly in April they wish to convert AMS to A350-900?

Comment

• Msn 30 (9V-SMB) in Station C63 for engine installation.

Msn 37 (9V-SMD) at Station 18 for outdoor ground tests.

Comment

• Msn 41 (9V-SME) in Station 40 where the tail, tail cone, wings and landing gear are joined to the fuselage.

Comment

• SQKevin,

Thanks for the photos. Its appreciated.
                    hvb
                    HVB

Comment

• It is interested during flight searching. For the route between Sao Paulo, the aircraft map 777-300ER (3 classes) cannot show under the flight number. At the same time there is no problem of SQ2 (3 classes of 777-300ER as well). Will it be truth for flying A350 instead?

Comment

I think that's probably because they still haven't decided when exactly in April they wish to convert AMS to A350-900?
                        would make sense if it begins at the start of NS 16/17 (27 Mar onward)

Comment

• Something tells me that the A350 will go on the HKG service (856/861) sometime in S16 schedule which should match CX with it's 350 service to SIN as part of crew familiarisation as well. I guess time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                            Something tells me that the A350 will go on the HKG service (856/861) sometime in S16 schedule which should match CX with it's 350 service to SIN as part of crew familiarisation as well. I guess time will tell.
                            The schedule of SQ856/861 fits well with AMS and DUS, so it makes sense for SQ to deploy A350 there with a few hours spare each flights to do some check ups and turnaround.

The only catch is that if SQ will then further downgauge the pair with fewer seats, SQ 856 is fine, but I have issues with SQ 861 where this is used to be a popular flight where it can connect passengers to Australia very well and are quite popular with Singaporeans. If they further downgauge this one from A330 to A350 (in terms of number of seats available), I really hope SQ can consider introducing 8th daily to Hong Kong (preferably red eye pair) so to compensate the seat availability lost with recent additional of Premium Economy and upgrading flights to A350.
                            Last edited by Metropolitan Airlines; 18 November 2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Hmmm... Am I correct to assume that 350 will took over the registration of B744 then?
                              If I am not mistaken, I was once inside 9V-SMW

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                                Hmmm... Am I correct to assume that 350 will took over the registration of B744 then?
                                If I am not mistaken, I was once inside 9V-SMW
                                You are correct. The A350s are using the previously used registrations of the B747-400 fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X