Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Hyatt Jakarta

Hello people!

I have decided to use my dad's Hyatt Gold Passport points to redeem free nights during my trip to Jakarta next month. I was wondering how the security is over at the Hyatt, could you all kindly enlighten me on this issue?

Many thanks in advanced, cheers!
    ________
    X hamster
    Last edited by rockie111; 17 March 2011, 05:31 AM.

Originally posted by rockie111 View Post
    Hello people!

I have decided to use my dad's Hyatt Gold Passport points to redeem free nights during my trip to Jakarta next month. I was wondering how the security is over at the Hyatt, could you all kindly enlighten me on this issue?

Many thanks in advanced, cheers!
    By security you mean, how safe the hotel is? or how safe the area where the hotel is?

I can tell you it is one of the top hotels in the city and you will have no problem staying there. It is also connected to one of the many premium shopping malls in the city, Plaza Indonesia as well as only across the road from the new mega Grand Indonesia shopping mall.

Comment

What I was referring to was how safe the hotel is, i.e. do they do a thorough check on visitor's vehicles and the stuff they bring in.

Thanks.
      ________
      ARIZONA DISPENSARIES
      Last edited by rockie111; 17 March 2011, 05:32 AM.

Comment

All hotels in Jakarta now perform this type of security check.

At the Grand Hyatt, the security check for traffic going into the hotel is performed at the bottom of the ramp before going up to the lobby drop-off area. So, I guess it is pretty safe.

Comment

Thanks alot UMD!
          ________
          X Hamster
          Last edited by rockie111; 17 March 2011, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
            All hotels in Jakarta now perform this type of security check.

At the Grand Hyatt, the security check for traffic going into the hotel is performed at the bottom of the ramp before going up to the lobby drop-off area. So, I guess it is pretty safe.
            In addition, from the main entrance at the lobby, as well as the entrance from Plaza Indonesia, there are security check, i.e. metal detector.

Comment

As others have pointed out the Grand Hyatt does the same kinds of checks that are common to all malls and upmarket hotels in Jakarta.

I have my doubts how effective they really are as they always seem pretty cursory to me. I guess they reassure people though.

Comment

Originally posted by camsean View Post
                I have my doubts how effective they really are as they always seem pretty cursory to me. I guess they reassure people though.
                Totally. It didn't stop that tank in MNL.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                X