No announcement yet.

SQT London Do 23rd July 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the DO ladies and gentlemen! Sorry, I can't make it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      Enjoy the DO ladies and gentlemen! Sorry, I can't make it this time.
      I am quite certain you'll be there in spirit!!!

Comment

Hi all.. So its confirmed on 23rd July 2007...7 PM @maze?? how can we meet?? or just mention when we arrive there?? Thx...

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
          Hi all.. So its confirmed on 23rd July 2007...7 PM @maze?? how can we meet?? or just mention when we arrive there?? Thx...
          That's precisely what we'll do i guess! See you soon!

Comment

Thanks for the invite to this, and yes, I will be there. Managed to get a train ticket and will be arriving in LON at around 1713.

Looking forward to meet some of you and say thanks in person!

I currently have a reservation at the LHR T4 Hilton. Would it be easier to stay in LON and travel out to LHR in the morning?
            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Desert Traveller, great! Look forward to seeing you next Monday.

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
              I currently have a reservation at the LHR T4 Hilton. Would it be easier to stay in LON and travel out to LHR in the morning?
              I believe you're taking SQ317 at noon the next day ? Is the alternative staying at the Hilton, Park Lane near Hyde Park Corner tube ? Leaving aside any cost difference, I'd stay there and take the Piccadilly Line to LHR the following morning (or, if you prefer, taxi to Paddington and then the HEX). Surely nicer than staying at the airport (albeit unlike the Sheraton Skyline I've stayed in, you don't have to take the !£%!%^ Hoppa bus)!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                ... Leaving aside any cost difference, I'd stay there and take the Piccadilly Line to LHR the following morning (or, if you prefer, taxi to Paddington and then the HEX) ...
                Park Lane is double the LHR...not worth it for one night. What's the Green Park like?
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                  Park Lane is double the LHR...not worth it for one night. What's the Green Park like?
                  Sorry, I've never stayed in a Hilton in London!

Comment

How about the Hilton at Paddington? Then you can just get straight onto the HEX. It is quicker than getting from the LHR Hilton to T3.

Comment

From the point of view from foreign visitor who happened been in London less than 24 hours too often, since you arrive at the train station at 1700-ish, and the flight leaves the next day around noon, I would suggest to stay somewhere in the city, not the airport location (which is so inconvenient trying to get into those bus).
                      The next question does it have to be hilton chain hotel? For me, anywhere near the tube, it will be great location to stay.

Comment

I also vote for the city hotel option. Unless you need the Hilton brand for your HHonors status, I'd go for a decent hotel that is on the west side of London. myhotel in Chelsea (http://www.myhotels.co.uk/default.as...n=10&page=1509) is a reasonably-priced boutique hotel option that spares you the cross-town traffic if you decide to cab it to LHR.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for all your great ideas...I've just changed my res to the Paddington. Easy to get to from St Pancras, and then easy and quick travel to LHR in the morning.

And yes, I'm actually trying to get enough nights in Hilton properties this year to be able to extend my Diamond status early next year into 2010. At the moment I do not see myself staying close to 150 nights (in a 12mths period) in hotels...at the moment I'm good till April 2009 but I should just about manage to scratch out 60 nights to January next year...
                          /Desert Traveller

Comment

Just an update on who's turning up:

blast-off
                            Desert Traveller
                            jhm
                            jjpb3
                            SQflyergirl + Jenny J

See you all on Monday at 7pm!

Comment

Sorry I've been most slack on this one guys - it's so on/off that I can't call it. If I *can* make it, I'll tag along for drinks and play it by ear - sorry again this is vague, got a few things on at the start of the week so difficult!

Comment

Enjoy the dinner guys! Wish I could be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X