Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krisgold member- FRA lounges which can I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisgold member- FRA lounges which can I use?

I've just become a Krisflyer elite gold member and my first flight after having achieved this will be on LH economy OPORTO- FRA- BERLIn. I'll have close to two hours wait in FRA and I was hoping to use a lounge for the first time. I'd very grateful if anyone could tell me which lounge(s) I could use.
    Thanks!!

You can use the LH Senator/Business Lounges.

Comment

I just visited the LH Tower Lounge at FRA for the first time yesterday, and suggest you try it if it suits your flight. I was in the rather drab SEN lounge at A26 gates, and just got the lift to level 4 (need to go thru passport control) and really enjoyed this large new lounge with some very nice views. Great new showers available.

Comment

congrats on reaching KF EG!

yeah ... don't expect too much from the FRA lounges ... i don't mean to be a guy who doesn't appreciate things, because i do appreciate having access and stuff but the lounges aren't all too great. i hope, there's some space to sit available for you, usually the FRA lounges are very much cramped. take the SEN side, you get better food there! sometimes its pasta, sausages or freshly made smoothies. If you happen to come around the time the black bartender is around to make smoothies, he is a very awesome guy if you're polite! If you see the black-haired, mid-aged lady on the pasta stands, she is a very lovely lady too... enjoy!
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
          take the SEN side, you get better food there! sometimes its pasta, sausages or freshly made smoothies.
          The potato salad they have in the FRA SEN lounges (I never note which one I visit ) is my lounge guilty pleasure: totally evil to the waistline, but sooo good after a stressful day of meetings.

Welcome to SQTalk, portuguesehurdler. Hope you enjoy the SEN lounge access.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks and new query!

Thanks everybody for the useful input! I'm looking forward to making my debut in the lounges. By the way- maybe I should ask this in another thread- will I always have to fly star alliance to use the lounges or do I just show my Kris Gold card and have access even if I'm flying Iberia, for instance? ( upcoming flight to barcelona ... )

Comment

You only have access if you're flying Star Alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                The potato salad they have in the FRA SEN lounges (I never note which one I visit ) is my lounge guilty pleasure: totally evil to the waistline, but sooo good after a stressful day of meetings.
                I totally hear you .... mmmmmmmh potato salad

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
                  take the SEN side, you get better food there! sometimes its pasta, sausages or freshly made smoothies.
                  The smoothies was nice. Mrs SJJ and I had about 8 or 10 glasses during our last visit.

Comment

isnt there the united lounge in FRA? i was there 2 years ago and they had showers and everything. a bit crowded but i got into the F section where it was slightly better. not sure SA gold will let you get there though.

Comment

yes i have been to that one too but i am not sure if its open. and then again, it's at the gates for the north america flights, meaning: tight security to just go there and questions like "why do you go there? your gates are elsewhere" ... i don't think it's worth the hassle and the LH lounges are better than the UA RCC.

Comment

UA lounge is in the C part of terminal - hassle to get to unless you arrive or depart on a flight from there.

OP has a Schengen to Schengen connection thus you'd also have pointless immigration (twice) to deal with. I'd stick with the most convenient schengen lounge (eg A26 if arriving or departing from pier A). Just remember flights aren't called and it can take a while to get from one part of terminal to another so don't leave the lounge too late.

Comment

Does anyone know if AC flights departs from Area C like US flights or are they from Area B (non schengen area)? I am connecting from DXB to YYZ via FRA with DXB-FRA on LH a/c and the FRA-YYZ on AC a/c. This would then help me decide the right lounge to zzzz after the red eye flight.
                          there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Unless there is only a short period of time until your flight no one can guarantee which part of the terminal will be used, other than it must be non-schengen zone.

When you arrive from DXB just look at the monitors to see the onward gate. It will then be apparent where the closest *G lounge is. If in doubt, go to the B40s SEN lounge - most likely you will be going through or near this part of the terminal.

Comment

Kiwi

Hmm, so it is abit of guess work then.

Read in the other threads here that the Tower is supposedly good. Is that the same one that you are referring to?
                              there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Working...
                              X