SQT Acting Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQT Acting Up

Logging in a few hours ago, there was HUGE latency issues. Moving from page to page, posting comments, etc, was taking more than 5 minutes at times.
    HUGE AL

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Logging in a few hours ago, there was HUGE latency issues. Moving from page to page, posting comments, etc, was taking more than 5 minutes at times.
    Noticed similar about 12 hours ago on many sites, incl. Google, Yahoo...

All seems fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Noticed similar about 12 hours ago on many sites, incl. Google, Yahoo...

All seems fine now.
      I only saw it here. I tested out my connection. Even ran a ping test. SQT timed out 50% of the time. Figure it's a server issue that has since been resolved.

Thought a while about whether to post about it or not, but figured the boys and girls might want to know...
      HUGE AL

Comment

HUGE AL, we didn't working on the board, so it's not related to us.
        As you and others said, this could be an issue experienced by our host or smtgh related to problems on the major backbones.
        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
          HUGE AL, we didn't working on the board, so it's not related to us.
          As you and others said, this could be an issue experienced by our host or smtgh related to problems on the major backbones.
          Hey LukeGT, I never once thought it was you guys. Just thought you may want to know there was a service issue.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Huge Al, usually if there are some problems on the server, I got some e-mail message from the server sysadmin. I didn't get anything, so I think it was something contigent or not strictly related with our host.

Cheers
            luke
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Is anyone else getting randomly logged out?
              HUGE AL

Comment

All fine here... the logging out always happens to me when I use a Changi Free Internet terminal, however... or the Sats lounge... can be bloody annoying (think the reason is their cookie time limit)

Comment

Every now and then when I enter SQtalk.com it times out, and after a few minutes it works fine again.
                  Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

I found 2 quirks in sqtalk

First, i don't think the search function work at all. Often I search for a term, totally unrelated threads turn up. Second, it seems to have problems recognizing some shortforms. If I type "u r" which is shortform for "your", it comes out as "**" in the final message.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      All fine here... the logging out always happens to me when I use a Changi Free Internet terminal, however... or the Sats lounge... can be bloody annoying (think the reason is their cookie time limit)
                      You know, it might have been the cheap ass internet I was using at my last hotel. All is good now!
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                        Second, it seems to have problems recognizing some shortforms. If I type "u r" which is shortform for "your", it comes out as "**" in the final message.
                        No, not a website quirk, but a moderator quirk: a number of them aren't fond of SMS spellings.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          No, not a website quirk, but a moderator quirk: a number of them aren't fond of SMS spellings.
                          I'm telling you, I learn something new on here all the time.

On another note, was getting the "Error 400 : Bad Request" message earlier today.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Yep, that one - I got as well

Glad the outage is over...

Comment

Impossible to connect again today for 5-10 minutes, third time the last week or so...

Comment

Working...
                              X