Confirmed : SIN-MAN-IAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    - 0235 departure from Changi. I would prefer this were not the case but that is effective 18:35 UK time so it means dinner and one film rather than dinner, two films one Krug and a couple of Dom. It also allows a nice connection from the last flight from BKK. Not looked at any of the ANZ flights but if they have later ones arriving a couple of hours before then they will be attractive to the large number of F&F pax from down there. T be honest the previous nonstop flights had an STD of 2350 and as that clashed with a number of other flights heading north it was not unknown to sit around until well after midnight waiting for push back.

- Later arrival in Changi may affect certain connecting flights. Again I haven't looked at any so can't see what popular flights this may miss from the current flight.
    The late departure is now much better for passengers ex-MEL/SYD/BNE/PER. PER has an arrival around 2300 and the others all have arrivals around 0015 (this is new for BNE 3x weekly) which means you can head to the airport late afternoon rather than lunchtime and still make the connection at SIN.

The later arrival into SIN will have a major impact on MI connections- so many of them leave around 0830-0900 and these will become too tight. Some Chinese destinations will also now require a much delayed connection, such as PEK and PVG. MEL/SYD/BNE/PER won't be affected. SQ327 has always arrived too late to connect to any of the early morning departures. The later morning departures will all remain viable as they don't begin until around 0930.

Comment

MAN got the new seats before PEY was deployed. Always a chance they could restore that.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        The later arrival into SIN will have a major impact on MI connections- so many of them leave around 0830-0900 and these will become too tight.
        I was booked IAH-DME-SIN and then SIN-RGN in December. I'll miss my SIN-RGN connection with the new IAH-MAN-SIN routing so SQ has "waitlisted" me for an afternoon flight on Silkair. The Silkair plan looks empty via ExpertFlyer so I'm trying to determine how long the "waitlist" will take to clear.

SQ reservations say it has been escalated to the relevant department for approval. This is a paid revenue booking - not miles.

Any idea how long a waitlist takes to clear?

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Kjrailfan.

If they still haven't confirmed the rebooking for you yet you should call back and out your foot down about being confirmed on the later flight. It looks like the systems are partially updated as they at least show the new route now, even if you still can't confirm a booking....

Comment

The inevitable codeshare with Flybe (providing feed at MAN) has been announced. Very good decision IMHO. Mau be indicative of the reported aspiration to go daily (although this is very much up in the air at present).

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/s...r-flights-6034

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
              MAN got the new seats before PEY was deployed. Always a chance they could restore that.
              Nope, not unless more planes get refitted to a 77WN config. They can ad hoc substitute DME for a day and it can return the next day, but with a US route it requires two frames, which SFO can easily support 2 77WN frames. This means for a US route one frame returns 2 days later As I said means they gotta yank out a 77N from either MEL, or HND.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                Nope, not unless more planes get refitted to a 77WN config. They can ad hoc substitute DME for a day and it can return the next day, but with a US route it requires two frames, which SFO can easily support 2 77WN frames. This means for a US route one frame returns 2 days later As I said means they gotta yank out a 77N from either MEL, or HND.
                Wouldn't be out of the norm to pull one from MEL.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
                  The inevitable codeshare with Flybe (providing feed at MAN) has been announced. Very good decision IMHO. Mau be indicative of the reported aspiration to go daily (although this is very much up in the air at present).

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/s...r-flights-6034
                  What a surprise....

When it was nonstop on the 772ER they used to get good feed from DUB on EI and also some on BD from ABZ, EDI, GLA etc. The current SQ327 leaves too early for connecting traffic but this later departure opens that up and I would be stunned if a code share or some arrangement with Flybe isn't made in the coming months.

Comment

They have tweaked the timings of these flight. I woke to numerous emails and texts from SQ informing me that my:

SQ51 MAN-SIN now departs at 1110 instead of 1135
                    SQ52 SIN-MAN now departs at 0215 instead of 0235
                    SQ52 MAN-IAH now departs at 1110 instead of 1115 good job they told me about that...
                    SQ51 IAH-MAN now departs at 1950 instead of 2015

Comment

SQ52 MAN-IAH now departs at 1110 instead of 1115 good job they told me about that...
                      Ah, I love those texts for 5 minute adjustments along with their insistence that someone will contact you to check that it's ok...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Ah, I love those texts for 5 minute adjustments along with their insistence that someone will contact you to check that it's ok...
                        ....and I love that after you receive this message, the booking cant be retrieved online anymore "Your flight has been retimed, kindly contact customer service". The app on the other hand let you access the booking without any issue. 5-star airline with 3rd world country IT. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                          ....and I love that after you receive this message, the booking cant be retrieved online anymore "Your flight has been retimed, kindly contact customer service". The app on the other hand let you access the booking without any issue. 5-star airline with 3rd world country IT. Love it.
                          You read my mind!

Comment

Had a feeling they might tweak the times slightly.

Comment

I think someone must have thought they have changed the timings already as I saw an SQ 777 depart MAN at around 11am yesterday...

Indeed. And despite clicking to confirm my acceptance of the timing changes on the booking it still wouldn't let me touch it until I had called them.

Comment

Others are not much better here. Had the same fun with ANZ earlier this year. Got a text message at 23:00 that our 7:45 flight was cancelled and they're working hard on a solution. Flight gone from the online booking so I called in after a while and was told that the second leg of our flight connecting rom AKL was all fine, just the first (national) leg was off. And they may arrange a bus in the morning, depending on how many pax actually still show up at the airport. But it would never make the connected so it would be absolutely ok if we rather walk, drive, swim, whatever to AKL ourselves. Loved it!

Comment

Working...
                                X