No announcement yet.

Too tight transit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some figures for SQ242 based on the past 31 days.

Arriving in T2: 83.9%
    E Gates in T2: 26.9%
    F Gates in T2: 73.1%

Arriving in T3: 16.1%
    A Gates in T3: 80.0%
    B Gates in T3: 20.0%

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Most flights to and from Australia arrive and depart from T3.
      If it's the A380, definitely T3 but for other aircraft it's either one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Here are some figures for SQ242 based on the past 31 days.

Arriving in T2: 83.9%
        E Gates in T2: 26.9%
        F Gates in T2: 73.1%

Arriving in T3: 16.1%
        A Gates in T3: 80.0%
        B Gates in T3: 20.0%
        May I ask where do you get these info?

Comment

I have done a 15 min transit, both SQ flights and both in T3. this was a bit of a run from one plane to the other. Is this the record? My bag did not make it thou.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
            I have done a 15 min transit, both SQ flights and both in T3. this was a bit of a run from one plane to the other. Is this the record? My bag did not make it thou.
            Unfortunately not. I did SYD-SIN-SGN a few years back before T3 opened, disembarked 5 mins before the SGN flight was due to leave and despite our inbound flight gate being right next to T1 and the departure to SGN being right up at the opposite end I made it, as did my luggage!

Granted this was before the '10 minutes before departure time' clamp down but still impressive, especially the luggage making it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Granted this was before the '10 minutes before departure time' clamp down but still impressive, especially the luggage making it as well.
              Like you say no one can beat your time nowadays because of the 10 min before departure cut off time. That was some speed to get right to the opposite end of T1, flames must have been comming of your feet. and you got your luggage as well, must have thrown it out before landing.

Comment

I would say that the luggage system is quite good at SIN. Was on "standby" for SQ 38 (back when there was still executive economy) and was cleared last minute. Was told to run to the gate after immigration. I boarded and heard the cargo door opening, then closing, that was my luggage (got it at LAX) and well, it traveled to the plane as fast as I ran (I didn't sprint, just ran on travelators).

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                  I would say that the luggage system is quite good at SIN.
                  It is Fantastic, for any one use to LHR. At SIN when things do go wrong they are just so good at putting it right. (very rare)

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                    Like you say no one can beat your time nowadays because of the 10 min before departure cut off time. That was some speed to get right to the opposite end of T1, flames must have been comming of your feet. and you got your luggage as well, must have thrown it out before landing.
                    Oh I legged it alright, and the ground staff were in the corridor shouting and waving at me as I legged it down the corridor to the high 50's gates. It was a saturday afternoon so it was pretty quiet.

Like you say it wouldn't be possible now, as proved not long after when we left LHR late so the CSS came over before landing to tell me I had been rebooked on a later flight to BKK, despite us being due in about 40 minutes before scheduled deparute time. I walked past the tables with all the new BP's near our arrival gate and headeds straight for the departure get where even though they hadn't even started boarding they refused to let me on despite having a BP from LHR.

Comment

Learning loads of new knowledge from all of you.

I think most probably SQ doesn't want to rush the pax like mad chicken from one terminal to another or in one terminal itself if the connection is too tight. Also the unloading and loading of luggage maybe quite a chore in short period of connection (i.e. 10-15 mins)...

Please do point teach.

Comment

Mad rushing is not something to be scoffed at. A colleague of mine and his family got rushed by CX staff in HKG to board a connection (inbound was late) - his son was asthmatic and suffered an attack on the travelators.

To cut a long story short: serious compensation (can't disclose what it was, but it was hefty)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Mad rushing is not something to be scoffed at. A colleague of mine and his family got rushed by CX staff in HKG to board a connection (inbound was late)
                          Tell me about it! Last year, I was on BA inbound to HKG which was very late connecting to CX. Immediately after deplaning, there were lots of CX people holding signboards with names (including mine) and the person assigned to my CX flight (there was only me) rushed me to and through security and then a long sprint (with me carrying my heavy hand luggage) to the departing gate. We got there just as boarding was well in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Mad rushing is not something to be scoffed at. A colleague of mine and his family got rushed by CX staff in HKG to board a connection (inbound was late) - his son was asthmatic and suffered an attack on the travelators.

To cut a long story short: serious compensation (can't disclose what it was, but it was hefty)
                            Oh my....sad to hear about this. Hope the kid is all right.

I think its better to be safe than sorry therefore SQ would in most cases re-book the customer to subsequent flight if the connecting flight is delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                              Oh my....sad to hear about this. Hope the kid is all right.

I think its better to be safe than sorry therefore SQ would in most cases re-book the customer to subsequent flight if the connecting flight is delayed.
                              Kid is fine and a young adult now - still asthmatic, but being herded along and dragged by the arm and he almost dies means a field day for the lawyers.

Comment

Working...
                              X