No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on if SQ made any changes to the new suites design? I read previously they were considering responding to certain customer/crew complaints...

Comment

• Especially the Suites doors are facing exactly each other and one can see directly across the other passenger when the doors are opened.

Comment

• The layout in economy is a little different on the refitted birds actually although the seat count is the same.

Comment

• Booked in SQ231 for late August, seatmap was for the oldest version (441 seat ones) but just found out this morning that it was swapped with an all-C upper deck bird

Nothing's changed for the seat itself tho..

Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
            Booked in SQ231 for late August, seatmap was for the oldest version (441 seat ones) but just found out this morning that it was swapped with an all-C upper deck bird

Nothing's changed for the seat itself tho..

Michael
            I just checked experflyer for 31 August.
            It has the 12 seats Suites and all-C upper deck (version 2)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
              I just checked experflyer for 31 August.
              It has the 12 seats Suites and all-C upper deck (version 2)
              Yep that's the one, sorry should've mentioned Ver. 2 to make it easier! Was a ver.1 bird when I booked it.

Cheers
              Michael

Comment

• 9V-SKF is out of service since 20/6 when SKS went into service. So right now only 4 version 1 available to do JFK/MEL. Not sure whether SKF is undergoing maintainance or refit.
                PEK n DEL are using VER 2 still.

Wonder whether SQ306/305 will still get the Ver 1 come July.

Comment

• The A380s are so very unpredictable at the moment. I don't think we expected to see a ver. 2 heading to DEL given the low seat count in Y but it's getting one almost daily at the moment. SKI hasn't flown for over a month now and SKF has been on the ground for over 3 days which must really be creating some pressure. SKT has now been out being refitted for 5 months and since rejoining service, SKS hasn't been replaced in the refit hangar as all 6 ver. 2 A380s in service are currently in the air except for SKN which didn't get used last night so is possibly headed to DEL this afternoon. Every ver. 3 is in the air at present.

Do we have any idea of what is going on with SKI? It seems to be really stretching the fleet to meet its commitments.

Comment

• I'd prefer to see the 2x 777 on the CDG route as I travel that fairly often as mentioned before, CDG just cannot handle that number of passengers. The 380 flights are routinely pretty full so I am sure there is the demand, especially in August when all the French go on vacation. That would free one up at least(!)

Comment

• Wonder whether SKF/SKI will be back in service soon? SQ seem to make a wrong decision to use version 1 on SQ26/25 from June. If SQ306/305 continue to use version 1, there will be an issue.

Comment

• As of now (1.15pm SG time). All 16 SQ A380 are flying in the sky. Their resources is really stretch to the limit with 3 A380 out of service.

Comment

• With 3 A380s down, the ramaining aircrafts will be kept flying to their max and still there will be some delays ates the 16 will not be able ro cover all existing routes fully.
                          Last edited by flyguy; 2 July 2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            With 3 A380s down, the ramaining aircrafts will be kept flying to their max and still there will be some delays ates the 16 will not be able ro cover all existing routes fully.
                            How many of these 3 are out due to a refit? I’m starting to wonder if the tight allocation of aircraft will persist all through the refit programme since there are no new A380 deliveries.

Comment

• Plot twist: they lease the HiFly A380, or if they're allowed to reactivate -SKD or -SKE to see them through the refits...
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                                How many of these 3 are out due to a refit? I’m starting to wonder if the tight allocation of aircraft will persist all through the refit programme since there are no new A380 deliveries.
                                I think only SKT is out for refit. SKI is a mysterious one though- whatever is keeping it out of service is pretty major.

All information so far has pointed to the version 2 series being refitted first and this is evidenced by the decision to switch SQ26/5 over to version 1. Version 2 has the same number of J seats as ver 3 but drastically fewer Y seats, so from a yield equation, it makes complete sense to refit them first.

Something seems to have gone wrong with SKF and SKI though, which has thrown all these plans into disarray. I guess it's also possible that SKI may have needed some major work done on it and they decided to refit it at the same time, although given the refitting is contracted out, I'm not certain both could be done concurrently. Definitely I would say, the problems with SKF were unforeseen as they certainly wouldn't have planned the current A380 chaos heading into peak season.

Comment

Working...
                                X