No announcement yet.

18th June 2010 (LD#6 or mini-DO) [SIN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrving back in SIN on the 18th at 1600, so if it is on Friday, I will head down after dumping my luggage back home...
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
      No TPR for me for SIN-SUB...
      Only SATS lounge or Plaza Premium, depend on my BP class...
      Will try hard to adjust my schedule....
      For mean while, my status still "Maybe"...
      Haha, okay - I meant, like your TR - SUB-CGK-SIN//SIN-CGK-SUB

You can fly SQ and GA

Pinkfloyd: Awesome bananas - we'll have to find somewhere to store all that fresh Norwegian salmon you'll be carrying also!

Comment

Just to be clear from my side, I am flying out of SIN on Fri night 18th (actually it is early am hrs Sat 19th departure), therefore in theory I will be available on Friday early/late evening.

Practically that would take a bit of effort to arrange, as I will be in SIN all week long as part of a larger group and on Fri we have a group 'farewell' dinner, but I hope that I'll find one or another way to escape (as usual) and it should be fine.

So Sat 19th is out of the question for me as I'll be up at 40,000 ft on the way back home...

I do have some questions, e.g. where can I find a Muji store at Changi or in the city but I'll PM kyo+ for all that stuff.

Haf, I'll be in Shanghai the week before (06-12/June), so if by any chance you are around there and want to meet I'll be happy to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post

I do have some questions, e.g. where can I find a Muji store at Changi or in the city but I'll PM kyo+ for all that stuff.
          Paragon, Orchard Rd.
          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

N_Architect - I'm planning to be in Beijing and perhaps Shangers some time around this time frame...just hard to lock in dates yet. I need to stay in town for a week so I can get a VISA! This is quite hard to do currently it appears.

Paragon, Vivo?, ION, Bugis Junction, and Marina Square (the closest to the airport of the ones I'm aware of) all have one. I saw a "Muji to go" at HKG two weeks back. Nice concept and great before heading on a flight!
            blog

Comment

Just to be clear from my side, I am flying out of SIN on Fri night 18th (actually it is early am hrs Sat 19th departure), therefore in theory I will be available on Friday early/late evening.

Practically that would take a bit of effort to arrange, as I will be in SIN all week long as part of a larger group and on Fri we have a group 'farewell' dinner, but I hope that I'll find one or another way to escape (as usual) and it should be fine.
              See how hard it is to pin this guy down, ppl? Don't miss your chance!

So Sat 19th is out of the question for me as I'll be up at 40,000 ft on the way back home...

Looks like you already found the answer to your question - but the easiest/most well-known is probably Ion's Basement

And then you can go upstairs to say hello to the SQ folk, after that, if you're so inclined (or to do last-minute changes, seat allocations etc)

Comment

What about on Thurs the 17th then? If that is better, I'll get my tix changed to a day earlier...
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Thursday through to Saturday might be tricky for some people... I'd only be able to make time on Thursday evening by clearing something else out of my schedule (which I'd rather not, at this stage, but can do if general consensus asks for it)

Comment

If it somehow ends up being Thursday, you can put me down for a maybe even though I might still be enroute from LHR
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Well no worries for me if it is Thursday or Friday as I have decided to be back a day earlier.

Comment

All right, looks promising on organizing the gathering. Great effort kyo+ & co. Let's see how we finalize this as the dates come closer.

Thank you all for the Muji info. Their store(s) in HKG airport are the place(s) where used to get stuff, after finding out about the brand in Fukuoka back in '06.

haf: Noted for China, no probs. Hope to see you again soon anyway.

Comment

Have fun, everyone. Sorry I'll miss this.

Happy Muji shopping, N_Architect. It's one of my target experiences whenever I return to Singapore (along with morning-tea-in-a-plastic-bag and that soy drink that LionCity introduced me to).
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Have fun, everyone. Sorry I'll miss this.

Happy Muji shopping, N_Architect. It's one of my target experiences whenever I return to Singapore (along with morning-tea-in-a-plastic-bag and that soy drink that LionCity introduced me to).
                            Soya bean milk ("Tau Hway Chwee" as we call it locally in Hokkien)... Best thing in the world IMHO .... Although it does "wonders" for my once-in-a-while-recurring gout!!!

You have to "upgrade" to the morning tea-in-a-condensed-milk-tin soon

Comment

"Tau Hway Chwee with Grass Jelly" to be more exact. We can go to crabby place (aka Famous Crab King) in Toa Payoh Lorong Eight. Will be happy to organize for a seafood and non-seafood place. They serve Pepper King Crab and Chilli Crab.

I know the Restaurant Manager personally. Let me know if the restaurant is fine and will do the necessary arrangements.

One possibility is to meet at Braddell MRT. I have transport to take four SQTalkers.

Comment

Thanks for the first official confirmation! LionCity will be organising the dinner, and since Tau Hway Chwee seems so popular, we may plan a little surprise post-dinner...

9V-SIA unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) about to board an airplane, thus he'll be updating us later when he's back in SIN

Also, if anyone's free earlier in the week, let me know...

Comment

Working...
                                X