A Proposal for Gathering on Friday, 31 August and Saturday, 1 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Proposal for Gathering on Friday, 31 August and Saturday, 1 September

I have been thinking about this for awhile now. I would love to celebrate my achievement in getting LPP status (Some might say crazy, nuts, irrational, illogical, idiot but I don't care! I have my life now to deal with. ) with you guys! As of this week, I was told that I am the first LPP in Canada. And, at the beginning of my quests, I had talked to some of you, what an appropriate thing to have a gathering when the PPS Changes happens. 31 August will be the last day of the current PPS Sectors/Miles, and 1 September wil be the new beginning for "god-like-treatment" PPS Values.
    And of course, Singapore as the center of all, its would be appropriate to have the gathering in Singapore.

I don't think I can manage the gatherings myself, since I am not based in Asia. Thus, I need help from SIN-based SQTalkers to arrange this. Thanks in advance!

But, first of all, we should discuss what to do! Now it is 30 June in Vancouver. So, we have 2 months before the DO. So I am sure this will give enough time for everyone from all-over-the-world interested to join to plan their trip accordingly.

What's in my mind right now like this. And by everyone giving inputs, perhaps we can have a better solution or a better
    idea that works.

31 AUG It's Friday. Since one of the major change is the lounge access for QPP, why not having a gathering at SKL F? Last time access for QPP flying J to enter F Lounge. Also perhaps it can be an imaginary candlelight vigil of how many of us would be the victims of PPS Changes?

The question is how to do it? I know, for me, I can arrive Friday afternoon, and will have a tix for Saturday morning to Jakarta (as an example) so that I can have access to SKL tht Friday evening. And yes, I am thinking of sleeping in the slumberette room for the sake of good memories from the past 2 - 3 months!
    The problem would be for the SIN-based, unless they are traveling that day.

1 SEP Hmm one of the idea flying Traitors Air turning around in HKG is very appealing. Then we can have dinner somewhere in the city. Hawkers centre, food rebublic, or any other ideas are welcome.

Well, I should stop my rambling now. And lets start the discussions.
    Hope this will work nicely!

Cheers,
    CGK
    Last edited by CGK; 1 July 2007, 01:49 AM.

ITINERARIES

Post #82:

Originally posted by token01 View Post
    Thu 30 Aug 2007
    LH 778 Frankfurt
    22:00 (30 Aug) Singapore
    (SIN - Changi Intl)
    15:50 (31 Aug) Nonstop Business Class
    Fri 31 Aug 2007
    SQ 235 Singapore
    (SIN - Changi Intl)
    21:10 (31 Aug) Brisbane
    (BNE - Brisbane Intl)
    06:40 (01 Sep) Nonstop Business Class
    (B777-200)

Post #86:

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Fri 31 Aug - BA11
    LHR-SIN - arrive 17:15

Sun 2 Sep - BA16
    SIN-LHR - depart 23:15
    Last edited by CGK; 25 July 2007, 08:39 AM. Reason: Updates as of 25Jul2007

Comment

31 Aug SKL F DO and Candlelight Vigil and possibly Slumberette Party

Confirmed:

SQFlyerGirl
      jhm
      token1

Possible:

KeithMEL
      Savage25

Interested:

StarG

Hmmm:

9V-JKL
      upright man

:

lobster
      Last edited by CGK; 8 August 2007, 04:43 PM. Reason: Updates as of 07AUG2007

Comment

1 Sep Dinner

Confirmed:

SQFlyerGirl
        9V-JKL
        jhm
        upright man
        Last edited by CGK; 8 August 2007, 04:45 PM. Reason: Updates as of 07AUG2007

Comment

CGK, having an End of PPS (as we know it) DO is an excellent idea!

I return to the UK from my little Asia trip on 12 August and I do quite fancy a weekend trip to Singapore. Perhaps even a turnaround ? And as a PPS (for a few more months), I suppose I really should visit the SIN SKL F for the first time!

Comment

I think it's an excellent idea to have a public celebration of your new status! I wish I could be there to join you. I'm glad I was able to be there to celebrate your status-changing flight, and hopefully I"ll be able to see you sooner rather than later to celebrate again.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              CGK, having an End of PPS (as we know it) DO is an excellent idea!

I return to the UK from my little Asia trip on 12 August and I do quite fancy a weekend trip to Singapore. Perhaps even a turnaround ? And as a PPS (for a few more months), I suppose I really should visit the SIN SKL F for the first time!
              Yes, dear! You should visit SKL F. I know it's nothing compare to your soon-to-be-loved new SYD/MEL QF F lounges. But at least you see the old SQ prior to T3.
              That's why I don't mind to do CX to HKG with you for your TP runs!

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
              I think it's an excellent idea to have a public celebration of your new status! I wish I could be there to join you. I'm glad I was able to be there to celebrate your status-changing flight, and hopefully I"ll be able to see you sooner rather than later to celebrate again.
              I really appreciate that you made the time to join me in that very memorable flight SQ26! It does mean a lot!
              Of course, hoping to see you sooner, but yes, I am up for another SQ party flight with you for Aug 31 DO. Should we go to Bali after Sep 1? Oh, you have not been to BKK yet or even Angkor Wat? Or SriLanka?

Comment

I'm in...was actually planning to be in Bali 30 Aug - 2 Sep, but can't find award flights SIN-DPS so will do with staying in SIN that weekend. Will probably buy a one-way SIN-KUL F ticket to get airside and change my dates later.

Comment

I am certainly interested in this - might do a MEL-SIN, or MEL-HKG turnaround for 30AUG or 1SEP respectively.

Here's hoping that I earn enough miles from my next trip in time AND manage to get award seats....
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Put me down as a maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Put me down as a maybe.
                      Hmm we can do slumberette party again!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        Hmm we can do slumberette party again!
                        Absolutely Shall i go for slumberette number I or number V like usual?

Comment

well CGK im 99% sure i can make this - ill be leaving europe on the 30th / 31st august whatever makes my arrival into SKL the best time to enjoy the festivites connecting onto the BNE at my pleasure - so a bit of help from u guys to let m kno when to arrive and when to depart to maximise time - im there boys im there

caaant waiiit

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Absolutely Shall i go for slumberette number I or number V like usual?
                            I call dibs on the one in the back on the left. III, I think

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              I call dibs on the one in the back on the left. III, I think
                              number III is unsurprisingly, the best one for dot.. dot... dot

Comment

Working...
                              X