* Free ETA application !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * Free ETA application !

You may be aware that the visas are generally charged (about US$20) by most airlines , travel agencies and other visa processing services including the Australian ETA site-www.eta.immi.gov.au, but I will do the ETA for you free of charge. *

As a similar offer over at the other forum, I would like to offer my services of processing Australian ETAs for free * to fellow SQT members ** and friends (up to 4 applications) - For more than 4 applications, please "PAY more".

May I suggest you * "Pay it Forward" instead?

You may perhaps by making a donation to the local Humane Society, or some other charitable donation of your choice. Do something different. Its not about the money, but rather setting your intentions to do good, to make a difference ! ..

For example, do a good deed by doing something nice different for someone (a stranger perhaps).. or like buying a meal for the homeless guy on the street, offering to wash someone's car, or mow someone's lawn, or even hey, help your mum cleanout the fridge for her while she goes to a movie! Those deeds are going to go a long way in the way of KARMA !

And then please feel free to post your what you did or will be doing on this thread here so that others may feel motivated to do something similar.

The visas are valid one year from date of issue, are multiple entries with a validity of 3 months per entry. Visas normally processed are for vacation only and can only be processed for a select number of nationalities . Certain business visas may also be processed. See below *

=============================================
    Visitor ETAs can only be processed for the following applicable passport holders:

USA, CANADA , BRUNEI, HONGKONG (SAR), JAPAN, MALAYSIA, SINGAPORE & SOUTH KOREA.

EUROPEAN UNION Passport Holders must apply for an 'eVisitor' pass themselves, which has no fee for this service. Please go this site: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/evisitor.htm

=============================================
    *If you're going to Australia for any sort of business related travel - ie conduct business meetings, give talks, lectures etc. (But you must NOT be PAID for your service*) .. you have to get a Business ETA or eVisitor pass. Details are as follows:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/busin...ligibility.htm

*If you're going to be paid for your services, ie lectures, talks.. you must apply for a temporary work visa which must therefore be applied at your nearest Australian Embassy / High Commission.

All other passport holders must apply directly at the nearest Australian Embassy / High Commission / Consulate.

Please PM me but please note that I do not check SQT everyday. I would appreciate your time and patience and please do not rush me !

And do NOT PM your passport info here in advance. Just PM me and I will get back to you with whatever info I need from you.

** Please note: That ETAs will be only processed to current SQT members with more than 20 posts, or have at least been members for more than 6 months! **

The reason this has been put up is because people obviously have heard about this 'free' offer through online searches etc and they just join SQT to take advantage of this. Then they don't come back ! There are exceptions, of course.

SQT is about community sharing.. and we would encourage people to post their travel tips, suggestions etc before taking advantage of this 'free' ETA application offer. Sorry to be tough.

Thank you!

* Please note that only under extraordinary circumstances will I process ETAs within 7 days of travel. I ask that you give me as much time as possible. This is a free service (for you) and I'm not checking on my PMs 24/7. I therefore cannot be held responsible for not processing ETAs in time due to your late request. I would therefore urge you to get your own ETAs then. Thank you for your understanding !

Guy Betsy

UPDATE - I will no longer be processing ETAs for SQTalk.
    Last edited by Guy Betsy; 22 July 2012, 01:52 AM.

That's mighty nice of you, Guy!
    Last edited by CarbonMan; 9 April 2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks GB for extending it to the SQT community.

Comment

Likewise - thank you GB for such a generous offer, it perfectly embodies the spirit of what we strive for here!

Comment

Thanks, Guy Betsy! Applaud your initiative in coming up with such an idea to help those who r less fortunate.

I had seeked his help twice, and hope there will be more beneficiaries under this initiative.

For the most recent ETA applications, I had made contributions to Kwan In Welfare Society, which run various free clinics, mobile clinics, medical centres in Singapore, providing free medical treatment to people regardless of race or religion although it is a Buddhist-affiliated organisation. They also run other charitable activities such as old folks home visits and giving out educational bursaries.

We had contributed more than what the ETAs would have cost. I believe the main objective of this is not to skimp on such costs, but to make use of this opportunity to contribute back to the society and to remember there r always people who much less priviledged than us.

Comment

damned, I forgotten about this, just applied for ETA last week....
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I will no longer be processing ETAs.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                  I will no longer be processing ETAs.

Thanks
                  Thanks again for doing this!

Comment

I never had a chance to partake of this wonderful service, but thank you for offering it during its limited run Guy Betsy
                    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                    X