First Class Amenity Kits on SQ12 SIN-NRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Class Amenity Kits on SQ12 SIN-NRT

Why does it say on SQ's website that everyone in F class gets a ...sleeper suit except for SQ12? Why that flight? Of course I'm on that one. Thanks

I would assume that the SIN-NRT sector does not get a sleeper suit, but the NRT-LAX overnight sector does. SQ12 looks to be the longest intra-asia sector on SQ with a block time of just about 7 hours - the magic number for sleeper suits.

Comment

First Class Amenity Kits on SQ12 SIN-NRT

Hi Nick,

No, it was another staff (not these 2 individuals) that told me US airports are not ready to accept our A380. Also, I heard another source that for NRT-LAX, it is actually NRT side who is restricting us to operate a380 due to if we do it, their own airlines e.g. JAL or ANA, their premium pax will hop over to SQ to go to US once we op the A380 to LAX.

I think they already can see their own pax coming over to SQ ever since SIN-NRT A380 was launched. Seems SQ treasures its japanese pax too, even SQ 12 First class (SIN-NRT sector) is given the Ferragamo amenity kit though the flight is only around 6.5 hours & it is not even an overnite flight. per my understanding, amenity kits are given out for day flights exceeding 9.5 hours for day flights as well as for nite flights exceeding 5.5 hours & flight must ETD bet 1800-0600 hrs and land after 0030 hours.

Comment

Amenity kits on SQ12 SIN-NRT

For your info, SQ12 SIN-NRT on 1st of July, they did not distribute amenity kits to F pax. I can tell you that firsthand.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
          Seems SQ treasures its japanese pax too, even SQ 12 First class (SIN-NRT sector) is given the Ferragamo amenity kit though the flight is only around 6.5 hours & it is not even an overnite flight. per my understanding, amenity kits are given out for day flights exceeding 9.5 hours for day flights as well as for nite flights exceeding 5.5 hours & flight must ETD bet 1800-0600 hrs and land after 0030 hours.
          I hope you friends didn't tell you this too

Coz unfortunately this is wrong info.

But yes... SQ12 SIN-NRT is an exception...sadly even some crew get this wrong.

If you did a search on SQT, you will find the latest info regarding the distribution of the Sleeper Suits and Toiletry Kits.

Comment

Latest information from SQ website, regarding the F/R amenity kits distribution:

Givenchy-designed sleeper suits and Ferragamo toiletry kits are offered on long haul flights, seven hours and above with the exception of SQ12 and on night flights (ETD 1800 - 0600hrs) of at least three and a half hours where arrival time is after 0030hrs.

Comment

I wish they did that on the 1st of July. Oh well, there will be next time...

Comment

To Kyo

Hi Kyo,

I have verified with a LS and LSS, SQ12 (SIN-NRT) in F, you should be given the Ferragamo amenity kit. Since you did not receive, if you wish to pursue the matter, you should write in to SQ.

Comment

Thanks - no problems, I do have a few here already

Comment

Hi Guys,

Is there a difference b/w the F and R Class amenity kix and sleeper suit?

I've always received Givenchy PJs in F but I remember also receiving brown Ferragamo as well? can't remember correctly - bit confused...

Comment

There is no difference in PJs, but amenity kits for Suites are different from those for First Class (but all are from Ferragamo).

Pictures can be found here:
                      http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7221

Comment

I asked for this amenity kit when on a recent flight from HK to SIN but was told by FA that amenity kits are only given for flight time exceeding 4.5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                          Hi Kyo,

I have verified with a LS and LSS, SQ12 (SIN-NRT) in F, you should be given the Ferragamo amenity kit. Since you did not receive, if you wish to pursue the matter, you should write in to SQ.
                          Kyo - unfortunalely they are still "enhancing" the F experience.

www.singaporeair.com:

Givenchy-designed sleeper suits and Ferragamo toiletry kits are offered on long haul flights, seven hours and above with the exception of SQ12 and on night flights (ETD 1800 - 0600hrs) of at least three and a half hours where arrival time is after 0030hrs.

This makes as much sense to me as the access rules to The Private Room - but it is what it is :-)

Comment

It is indeed what it is!

Won't comment further on SQ12. I hope it was a once-off event.

I personally think anyone that is in F, or splashes out on or R, on even the shortest short SIN-HKG sector should get an amenity kit if they're blowing at least 3.7k SGD one-way. Then again, I think even J pax generally get a bit shortchanged as opposed to other carriers that do give amenity kits out.

Even 3-4 hours in F/R/J is enough to dry out the skin/face. A little bottle of facial mist for all wouldn't go astray, I'm sure. I'm not sure if I'm the only one but sometimes I empty a bit of the SQ mineral water into the bottle cap, just so that I can dab it on my dehydrated lips/'dry' zones.

In some of the recent TRs, to get absolutely nothing on a normal flight let alone an inaugural, not even a door gift, well... put it this way: it just makes the experience that much better, to give 'premium' premium pax, whether in F or R, something they can use in-flight and take away with them - that's what I'd say is a reasonable gesture.

In the end it's important to recognise alot of the amenity kits, like playing cards or teddy bears, in the end add to the experience. Whilst amenity kits may be a gimmick (albeit a slightly more useful one), it certainly doesn't detract from enhancing the passenger's experience.

TPR has already been discussed at length in another thread. My thoughts are anyone who really wants to try it ought to buy an F ticket to CGK or MNL and be done with it once and for all...

Comment

While I agree that amenity kits do enhance the First/Suites and Business Class flying experience, I think SQ's policy as posted on its website is quite reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                              X