Your Favorite Amenity Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Amenity Kits

Having received the latest Ferragamo SQ F amenity kit from CGK (Thanks CGK! ), I think that is my favorite amenity kit (from airlines) as of today. What is your favorite kit(s)?

I read on the CX forum that Cathay F pax are getting new Victorinox kit bags in F. Hopefully will get hold of at least one this year.

Saw a trip report on Business Traveller magazine, saying that VS has done away with the kits to save waste, etc. Is this true?

On TG, they gave me amenity kit only on one way of the long haul, and said that the ran out of stock when I took them the other way. IIRC, someone here or on TOF mentioned that they received the kit only on one way of the return flight as well. Is TG stinging on the kits, or were they really out of stock?

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Is TG stinging on the kits, or were they really out of stock?
    I've done four TG long haul flights in F since November and I know that they had no kits in J for any of those flights. This has been put down to being out of stock so I would presume they are back now....

Having said that they had stopped issuing a drinks menu in F as well so it will be interesting to see if that returns as well.

Comment

My favourite Business class kit is the BA Molton Brown kit. Very comprehensive and the peppermint toothpaste is so yummy.

Haven't flown F much so I can't compare, but I love the Bvlgari cologne found in the SQ kit. In terms of design - the Oroton-designed Qantas F kits are pretty cool.

I didn't receive any amenity kit on both inbound and outbound on TG. The FA on my return flight said that there were problems resulting from a change of suppliers.

Those Ferragamo kits look very nice....*hint*
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Hmm, looks like I'll have something on my wish list for the next time I see my angel CGK.

I've had a chance to compare kits thanks to said angel's indulgence of my desire to compare any extras he has collected -- and so far I've liked the NH First and AC Executive class bags. I'm also fond of CX's square Dermalogica Business Class kits, given that I'm a fan of the brand of the skin products.

Do you like the BA Business Class bags themselves (not the contents), KeithMEL? The old ones couldn't really fit anything normal-sized (moot now, with the EU's ridiculous travel-size requirements), while the new ones (in brown cloth) are sort of ugly.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Do you like the BA Business Class bags themselves (not the contents), KeithMEL? The old ones couldn't really fit anything normal-sized (moot now, with the EU's ridiculous travel-size requirements), while the new ones (in brown cloth) are sort of ugly.
          Yeah I'd agree with you there. They aren't really durable either.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I'm also fond of CX's square Dermalogica Business Class kits, given that I'm a fan of the brand of the skin products.
            the bag (one of the best amenity bags I have), but tried the Dermalogica samples inside the bag and not a fan of them.

Comment

the bag (one of the best amenity bags I have), but tried the Dermalogica samples inside the bag and not a fan of them.
              The bag is definitely one of the best-shaped and best-sized bags in the sample I've run across.

Comment

The bag is definitely one of the best-shaped and best-sized bags in the sample I've run across.
                It is currently my family's passport holder. Enough space to fit 4 passports perfectly.

What I don't like about the Dermalogica products are the texture and the (lack of) scents. I like lightly scented products for the face. Something fresh.

Comment

What I don't like about the Dermalogica products are the texture and the (lack of) scents. I like lightly scented products for the face. Something fresh.
                  For texture, I find that the eye lotion is actually one of the best I've tried. I agree with you that there are far better facial moisturizers out there (at least, so it seems to my skin ).

For light fragrance, I think the best products are by Biotherm Homme. But they've discontinued what IMO was their best line: D-Stress. Just the right amount of lightness for tropical weather, coupled with effective moisturizing (and making the ageing effects of travel seem to go away ).

Oops, I took your thread waaay OT, didn't I? So sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by MadameConcorde
                    I love Anya Hindmarch boxes. Anyone with spares that they don't use, you can send them to me!
                    The brown one with an old seaplance picture imprinted on it.
                    Have a few. Wanna trade?

Comment

Hmm, looks like I'll have something on my wish list for the next time I see my angel CGK.
                      I didn't even have to make the request; the angel heard my wish.

Now I have to say, the new SQ F kits have just catapulted into first place on my list. (Givenchy, however, clearly aren't fond of me, as they keep producing pajamas too ill-fitting for my wimpy frame. )

Comment

I didn't even have to make the request; the angel heard my wish.

Now I have to say, the new SQ F kits have just catapulted into first place on my list. (Givenchy, however, clearly aren't fond of me, as they keep producing pajamas too ill-fitting for my wimpy frame. )
                        Aahhh.... I see the package has arrived from the angel. The angel showed it to me when we met at SKL F last week.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                          Aahhh.... I see the package has arrived from the angel. The angel showed it to me when we met at SKL F last week.
                          I forgot about that... Too many visits to SKL I guess...

(Givenchy, however, clearly aren't fond of me, as they keep producing pajamas too ill-fitting for my wimpy frame. )
                          The zipper still hurting your chest?

Comment

Now I have to say, the new SQ F kits have just catapulted into first place on my list.
                            Nice aren't they? Funny thing is that I tend to hoard them when in fact use the items inside. Have you seen the design of the cologne and perfume bottles? Stylishhh.

Comment

Hmm...have to get the SQ F Kit sometime this year...but..given the price increase (even in Y), becoming more unlikely

I also like the CX Dermalogica kit...had a couple with me (anyway wanna swap..hehe)...and the new Agnes-B kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X