SQ Y & SQ C Amenity Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slacker View Post
    Is amenity kit given out for SIN-PER-SIN flights, especially for SQ215 and SQ216?

Does the amenity kit now comes in the Givenchy casing? Saw it on someone's trip report in other forum. Hoping to lay my hands on one of them.
    Amenity kit consisting of a pair of socks and toothbrush & paste was given out in SQ216 but not SQ215. Wonder why is it so?
    Last edited by slacker; 25 December 2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Why is it that other airlines give proper amenity kits to business class passengers and not SQ?

Yet supposedly SQ is meant to be the premier airline...

Comment

Because business class passengers do not need amenities.

Either that, or it'd cost them too much on their bottom line to provide such amenities to the business class passengers. When they could simply not provide these, and make more profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Because business class passengers do not need amenities.

Either that, or it'd cost them too much on their bottom line to provide such amenities to the business class passengers. When they could simply not provide these, and make more profit.
          If thats the case then where does it stop. There needs to be "value add" certainly in this climate. And when your competition is offering such extras....

I mean even Qantas provides decent amenity kist to J.

Comment

Amenity kits are a bit of a gimmick imho. I fly most of the time in J and F, and I can't remember the last time I used anything from one while on board, other than an eye mask or ear plugs. And SQ give them out seperately anyway.

Of course it's always nice to get something given to you, but I give all mine out to people, if I don't leave them on board. F kits are handy for giving to Hotel staff on the outbound leg of a trip, and tend to go down well enough to assist in being well looked after at certain places.

The fact SQ has been so successful for years without handing them out in J tells you all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Amenity kits are a bit of a gimmick imho. I fly most of the time in J and F, and I can't remember the last time I used anything from one while on board, other than an eye mask or ear plugs. And SQ give them out seperately anyway.

Of course it's always nice to get something given to you, but I give all mine out to people, if I don't leave them on board. F kits are handy for giving to Hotel staff on the outbound leg of a trip, and tend to go down well enough to assist in being well looked after at certain places.

The fact SQ has been so successful for years without handing them out in J tells you all you need to know.

Fair point, Just that if you don't fly J often then they are nice to receive.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesty View Post
                Fair point, Just that if you don't fly J often then they are nice to receive.
                I can fully understand that. I suppose it's one of those things you take for granted if you are lucky enough to fly up front.

The only ones I've been impressed with in recent years was the LH ones introduced last year that looked like a mini case (the name of which completely escapes me now), but I think they have stopped those.

Comment

Rimowa? They've stopped 'em? How about in F?

Comment

In Y, I thought SQ gives the Amenity with A "Givenchy Bag".
                    Now they switch back to plastic bag?

Comment

If the amenity kit in Y or J is what you would take away as memorable from the flight experience, I'm afraid you'd be SOL on SQ. The amenity kits are rather spartan, but my impression is that they haven't been a deal-breaker.

I think SQ's SOP (requisite amenities such as toothbrush and toothpaste in the toilets) actually makes sense. YMMV, as I strain to think of a Y or J kit I didn't give away, or discard outright.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I'm happy with just the eye masks and socks.

Don't need ear plugs since I got my Sennheisers PXC 250.

I can keep them on for 18 hours without hurting, unlike SQ provided headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                          I'm happy with just the eye masks and socks.

Don't need ear plugs since I got my Sennheisers PXC 250.

I can keep them on for 18 hours without hurting, unlike SQ provided headphones.
                          yep i agree with you...the bose headphones are hard to wear and it often tangles with my hair...my own sennheiser is better imho
                          I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                            In Y, I thought SQ gives the Amenity with A "Givenchy Bag".
                            Now they switch back to plastic bag?
                            When did you ever see a amenity kit with a "Givenchy Bag" in Y ? I can tell you as far back as 5 years ago, it was still using the plastic zip log bag.

Comment

Originally posted by ORDnHKG View Post
                              When did you ever see a amenity kit with a "Givenchy Bag" in Y ? I can tell you as far back as 5 years ago, it was still using the plastic zip log bag.
                              To quote an SQ Y TR by icn.sg from August 2007 entitled "Singapore Airlines 77W: A great way to fly - Even in Y":

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                              The crew swung into action, distributing menus and amenity kits as soon as the a/c leveled off. Now, it seems that apart from the menus, everything on the 77W had been ‘upgraded’, from pillows and blankets right down to the amenity kits! Here’s the proof –

New Givenchy Amenity kit: Available only on 77W operated flight.

New sockettes and toothbrush sets! Interestingly toothbrush sets are no longer provided in the lavatories on flights where amenity kits are provided – only shaving kits are available. Same occurance on SQ26 (so it's not just a 77W phenomenon).

Comment

I am curious but you guys speak of Earplugs and Eyemasks as essential. I think lip balm is actually essential on a long flight and it's the one thing I always forget to bring or leave it in my hold luggage or just generally not have. Do you guys know if SQ J has any provision for it? Or is it gone with the disappearance of the C amenity kit?

Comment

Working...
                                X