2 days in... Cape Town vs Seoul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Doesn't look as funky to me. And PHs aren't meant to be loud and hopping I don't think? The few I've stayed in weren't v happening (even on weekends). In short, they ain't Ws.
    HUGE AL's room is ALWAYS loud and hoppin'!!
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      HUGE AL's room is ALWAYS loud and hoppin'!!
      hilarious! my choice is seoul... one of my favorite places in the whole world... but i think one of its greatest attributes is of no interest to you. oh well, at least you will LOVE the food. if you go, make sure to try korean royal cuisine.

Comment

It looks like a 180... and it is, but after all that fantastic sounding recommendations for CPT - I'm doing Seoul now. :-/

Reasons being:
        - The other half used to teach English in Seoul and got all excited about the possibility of visiting the place and catching up with his good mates. We've decided to make a trip to SEL together, spending 4 nights there.
        - ex-South Africa OW RTW fare has risen slightly, making a DONE5 ex-CPT (i'd need an extra continent for starting in Africa and still go to all the places I want to go) more expensive than a DONE4 ex-ICN. Which reminds me to ticket the ex-ICN itin ASAP...
        - From a 'the journey is half the fun perspective', i'm rather enamoured by the W in SEL and more QF segments on ex-ICN than ex-CPT
        - Itin-wise, ex-ICN gets me where I want to go without having to buy extra segments. Less positioning to/from SYD.

Itin is now as thus: ICN-xHKG-MEL-AKL-MEL-LHR-DOH-xLHR-LAX-xMIA-ATL-xMIA-JFK-HKG-DPS-xNRT-ICN

Now to find other means of visiting CPT.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 December 2008, 10:37 AM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
        X