No announcement yet.

Air Asia to go ahead with London-Malaysia launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this while rushing to get onto my ride, but had to stop and snap!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post

Saw this while rushing to get onto my ride, but had to stop and snap!

notice how the font on the next door ad looks the same. Is that a virgin trains billboard?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        notice how the font on the next door ad looks the same. Is that a virgin trains billboard?
        Yeap - that's Virgin Trains' billboard, but that's slightly different font. AirAsia's rounder, very much like the ones used in DestinAsian mag.

Comment

The first London-Malaysia ad in Singapore newspapers spelled 'Britain' as 'Britian'. At least they corrected it in today's ad.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
            The first London-Malaysia ad in Singapore newspapers spelled 'Britain' as 'Britian'. At least they corrected it in today's ad.
            What a GRAVE error

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
              The way the education system is these days, back in my home country, i'm not really sure that many people would notice

Comment

I saw adverts again on the London tube and in the Metro newspaper today for Air Asia's KUL-STN service which starts on 11 March. Anyone booked on one of the early flights ?

I wonder how their loads have been hit by the world recession.

Comment

Airasia X is going to crash and burns if they keep their fares as they are. I can't see STN-KUL staying around for much longer if they don't bring their fares down dramatically.
                  Average economy price being £555 accross summer 09!! I just booked LHR-SIN with EK for a friend and it cost me £399. Who would pay £555 for a ''ryanair style'' flight on a 12 hour journey each direction.
                  Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                    Who would pay £555 for a ''ryanair style'' flight on a 12 hour journey each direction.
                    Probably those that really need to go and don't have a choice. I can guarantee you my friends who have booked to go didn't pay anywhere near as much! Early bird catches the worm they say

Comment

A recent report in the latest issue of Airliners World magazine says that according to Air Asia X, the seats for the first flight were fully booked within 16 minutes.

Due to their low cost method, Air Asia X says at current fuel prices, only a 52% load factor is required to break even. if fuel prices gets to the $100/barrel range break even load factor will be in "the 60s".

If fuel prices goes back to $150/barrel, the flight will require 86% load factor in order to break even.

Air Asia X is counting on their extensive South-East Asia network to offer connecting flights for passengers coming from London. They say this is what differentiates them from Oasis Hong Kong.

Oh yes did they also say the A343 will be an aircraft recently retired from Air Canada? =)

I say we wait and see. =)

Comment

Working...
                      X