Exiting Australia........Grrr ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exiting Australia........Grrr ?

Pleasantly surprised not to have to enter into detailed discussions with the usual hand luggage Nazi's here but what an absolute zoo SYD was today. The queue we passed going to Express Path went right back towards the checkin area and they stopped processing people at the immigration desks for a while as the queue was so big it was basically at a stand still. SYD has always been busy but I have never seen it like this.

On an unrelated note I have also not previously seen them using the 'ANZ runway' (as I call it) for domestic departures out over Botany Bay while still having heavies landing inbound over Botany Bay in the opposite direction.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 20 November 2014, 07:52 PM.

The Op-Up season has commenced then!
    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

What time was this MAN Flyer?

Comment

Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
        What time was this MAN Flyer?
        About 10.30 - 11:00am ?. It was chaos.

We were told we would be late departing on SQ232 as 15 pax were 'stuck' in the queue but we were away not long after STD, only to return to gate due to our 'fuel leak'.

Comment

Simultaneous opposite direction parallel runway operations has been happening in sydney for many many years at various times. Its part of the noise sharing arrangements
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
          X