taipei 24 hours - What to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taipei 24 hours - What to do

Im going to taipei this afternoon staying at Tango nan shi hotel. I have 24 hours from 4 pm. Is there any must sees? Ive never been before !!
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

hi sqdazz- glad to hear you will be visiting taipei. i think you will enjoy it- it is a great city and it is very convenient to get around. you gotta visit sun yat-sen memorial hall. take the blue line to SYS memorial hall station. have a walk around and enjoy the older men and women practicing their tai chi in the park. from there, it is a short walk to taipei 101. on a weekday in the afternoon, you should be able to get to the top without having to wait in line for too long.
    after enjoying taipei city from 500 meters up, take the mrt blue line to zhongxiao dunhua. exit from gate 4 and walk past the san want hotel and continue two blocks. you will see din tai fung on your right. enjoy two orders of steamed pork dumplings, and then get back on the blue line and take it to the taipei main station. at taipei main station, switch to the red line, and take the train to beitou station. at beitou station, you will have to change trains to a one station branch line to xin beitou station. at xin beitou station, you will find the hot springs. have your hotel make a reservation for you at spring city resort. once you arrive at xin beitou station, call spring city and they will come pick you up. soak for a couple hours and you will come away feeling very refreshed and relaxed.
    afterwards, you have to visit the shilin night market. take the red line to jiantan station and when you exit, you will see the night market right across the street. try lots of food, pick up some things for your friends or family, and just absorb all of the electricity that runs through that place. afterwards, take a taxi up to the grand hotel and have a look around... it really is an impressive piece of architecture.
    by now it is pretty late, so end the evening with a drink or two at a really nice lounge bar called barcode near taipei 101 at the neo 19 building next to warner village. you will have to take a taxi over there from the grand hotel, but it should not be more than $15. enjoy the scene of taipei's young and beautiful enjoying themselves on a fri night. afterwards, head back to your hotel and get some much needed rest.
    have a good time.

Comment

I wish I had that kind of guide when I was in TPE 2 years back...

My only other suggestion would be to see the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial, as I found that even more imposing/impressive than Sun Yat-Sen's... here's a link to my first-ever TR when I went there, in case you have time to read it, sqdazz

I might just do that the next time I'm in TPE, thanks taipeiflyer!

Comment

Awesome tips thanks so much
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life, didn't want to start a new thread and this was the most current Taipei thread.

Will be arriving in TPE and staying at Beitou Hotsprings Resort for the 1st night, a hotel near Shilin on the 2nd night and Shilin to Airport on the 3rd day.

Total party of 4 Adults and 2 Toddlers.

Any recommendations for minivan taxi who can bring us from the airport to the Beitou hotel on the 1st day, probably a half day tour on the 2nd day and then to Shilin hotel, and from Shilin to TPE Airport on the 3rd day afternoon.

Has anyone used Harry Pan and Son's Limo services before?

Comment

Working...
          X