Year of the Tiger - Expansion of Tiger Airlines ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of the Tiger - Expansion of Tiger Airlines ops

SINGAPORE — Singapore budget carrier Tiger Airways said Tuesday it was looking at flying to three more destinations in India in addition to Chennai and Bangalore.

Tiger president and chief executive Tony Davis said the airline wants to fly to Trivandrum and Kochi in Kerala state and Trichy in Tamil Nadu.

"As the world?s second most populous country, India is a natural consideration for us to expand our low-fare offering," Davis said in a statement.

"We have had numerous requests from passengers to fly to more Indian destinations. With this encouragement, we plan to commence discussions with the airports and authorities."

seems everything that Tiger does is to Follow Air Asia's lead - as Tony Fernandez before have mentioned India and already flies to 5 destinations in India - and AK wanted to fly more to China cities. Even preferred seating add-ons etc are all following AK it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      Even preferred seating add-ons etc are all following AK it seems.
      Air Asia is the leading LCC in their part of the world innit
      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Tiger cancelled my Langkawi flight in Aug without any notification till now! Apparently they are going to withdraw from Langkawi. Only found out about it from the Straits Times forum where a reader complained that Tiger had cancelled her Langkawi flight in June. Checked my booking again online and realised it was shown as cancelled and refund is being processed.
        Last edited by ycp81; 4 March 2010, 10:14 AM.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Tiger Airways from 20APR10 is increasing service from Singapore to Krabi, Phuket and Hat Yai. Increase as follows:

Singapore – Hat Yai Increase from 3 weekly to Daily
          Singapore – Krabi Increase from 4 weekly to Daily
          Singapore – Phuket Increase from 12 to 14 weekly

http://airlineroute.net/2010/03/11/t...nd/#more-18222
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
          X