LHR SAS lounge T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHR SAS lounge T3

Baring in mind I do this journey quite a bit I feel a little daft only just noticing this...
    On my way to the SQ lounge in Heathrow T3 I saw a star alliance logo and it turned out to be the SAS lounge which as a gold member I had access to. Its so much nicer than the SQ lounge and has much better food, free Internet PCs etc and 5 times the size. OK you don't get a view of the runway but plenty of TVs around.
    So now its in there for food and a quick pop into the SQ lounge for a glass of bubbly before getting on board.

Can't say I'm a fan of the London Lounge. For me, the SKL's a bit better (but then I've only ever been to the F side except when i needed to smoke in the old days )

Comment

I actually go to the SKL to eat as I think the London Lounge usually has poor offerings. If there are no SQ departures when I'm there, the selection is not as good naturally, but I think the sandwiches are fine and it's usually quiet then so I can relax.

Comment

I'm another one who prefers the SKL's food offerings (even that of the J side) to the London Lounge's. For me, the London Lounge's relative merits are the size and the more modern (Scandinavian) decor -- those give it a different feel, which one might prefer depending on one's mood. But those merits aren't enough to swing my vote.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I am just stunned to hear that someone who has been to the SKL hasn't seen the London Lounge before. It's facing you as you walk up the ramp from the shops before heading left to the SKL.

I also prefer the SKL, but will sometimes pop in the London Lounge if I have a lot of time.

I just wish we could still use the Clubhouse.

Comment

Talking about this, I will be arriving into LHR with SQ for transit on a SAS to ARN. It will be about a 2.5 hours wait.... intention is to go out, passing immigration, have a couple of smokes, before going back into airside to shower and wait. So, should I use SKL or London Lounge?
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

@225: The London Lounge is great if you like olives and bits of tuna, sandwich fillers, roasted/grilled veges in oil and Kettle crisps. SKL for all else. Only been to SKL F for food (in which case SKL would definitely surpass the London Lounge), didn't see much when I visited the J section

Here's my feast on the way to OSL recently (see, I gave them a chance):

@kapitan: SKL...

@MAN Flyer: Clubhouse was the best... too bad it's gone the way of the Dodo for most of us..
              Last edited by Kyo; 13 October 2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                Talking about this, I will be arriving into LHR with SQ for transit on a SAS to ARN. It will be about a 2.5 hours wait.... intention is to go out, passing immigration, have a couple of smokes, before going back into airside to shower and wait. So, should I use SKL or London Lounge?
                I am not sure if there are showers in the London Lounge, but there definitely is in the SKL and I don't think they get used that much either, so I would go for SKL.

Will you be that desperate to smoke you are prepared to go though immigration and back through security, at LHR ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Will you be that desperate to smoke you are prepared to go though immigration and back through security, at LHR ?.
                  Yep. Did that 2 weeks ago on a 4 hour connection - but then, I had Fasttrack going back in....

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Here's my feast on the way to OSL recently (see, I gave them a chance):
                    Hey Kyo - which tablet are you using?

Looks interesting!

Comment

I am not sure if there are showers in the London Lounge, but there definitely is in the SKL and I don't think they get used that much either, so I would go for SKL.
                      London Lounge has showers as well, and there's been no wait the times I've tried. Only thing is, there was no toilet in the shower room, which I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                        Hey Kyo - which tablet are you using?

Looks interesting!
                        Thanks, it's a HP Pavilion TX2000 (got it cheap at a Starhub promo for 24 month Internet) which doesn't work like a tablet should (just sent it into HP for servicing y'day as the display refused to even turn on anymore, incidentally)... back to the regularly scheduled programming now..

Comment

When I went into the London lounge they had a nice cold selection, different cheeses, fresh rolls and so on which are far nicer than the bits in plastic containers you get in the SQ lounge but then no hot food.
                          I think if I have the time again i'll start in the London lounge as they have PCs etc there and then move to the SQ lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                            When I went into the London lounge they had a nice cold selection, different cheeses, fresh rolls and so on which are far nicer than the bits in plastic containers you get in the SQ lounge but then no hot food.
                            I think if I have the time again i'll start in the London lounge as they have PCs etc there and then move to the SQ lounge.
                            IME the hot options (one soup, one option accompanied by rice) come out before the SQ flights and are taken away when boarding is called.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

London Lounge has showers. You need to get a key at the desk.

Comment

Working...
                              X