My final KrisFlyer redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My final KrisFlyer redemption

Well, I've finally managed it. With a one-way saver C award with the promo discount, I have finally run down my KrisFlyer account:

Welcome Back Mr Savage25
    Your last login was on 23/6/2009 at 04:47 (GMT+8).
    You have 766 Miles

Given that I haven't credited a KrisFlyer mile in over a year and have no plans to, its likely to stay this way forever. Anyone gone lower?

Savage25, please keep crediting KF on all your flights and stay away from all other programs.

even though they suck, Go Blue!
    HUGE AL

Comment

Excellent. We should now expect an imminent improvement in benefits of the Krisflyer programme*, now that our resident Jonah is leaving.

Having said that, I stopped putting any mileage to KF a year ago as well.

(*yeah right...)

Comment

More than a year ago, I transferred exactly enough over from SPG (plus bonus) for an award and took my KF balance down to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          its likely to stay this way forever.
          Seeya!

Thanks for all you've done, especially to the PPS Club and Krisflyer redemption chart, these past few years.

Comment

I have not clocked a single KF mile too, ever since April 2008. I ran it down to 3 miles in February 2009. Krisflyer tried to give me a silver, and an easy way to regain gold, but I think I should politely decline. It's not worth it anymore after the recent changes, and the imposition of ridiculous fuel surcharges that wouldn't drop. It's more economical to buy a cheap ticket whenever it becomes available.

Comment

Could the mods please change the thread title to "KrisFlyer programme improvements coming soon"

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              More than a year ago, I transferred exactly enough over from SPG (plus bonus) for an award and took my KF balance down to zero.
              Nice...I can see how that would work.

Comment

Woohoo! Now for real enhancements to the Krisflyer programme!

Comment

Well, I've finally managed it. With a one-way saver C award with the promo discount, I have finally run down my KrisFlyer account:

Welcome Back Mr Savage25
                  Your last login was on 23/6/2009 at 04:47 (GMT+8).
                  You have 766 Miles

Given that I haven't credited a KrisFlyer mile in over a year and have no plans to, its likely to stay this way forever. Anyone gone lower?
                  I spent my last redemption on a C->F upgrade on BKK-SIN over a year back. I had my last SQ segment 4 months back (SIN-EWR), and there is 100ish miles left in the account and unless I really cannot help it I'm voting with my feet and my wallet, I'm a past customer not to return.

-A

Comment

I have never clocked any flight miles to KF - hence the miles sould be zero. Credit card miles are too attractice to say no though - and I keep putting those into my KF account.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      I have never clocked any flight miles to KF - hence the miles sould be zero. Credit card miles are too attractice to say no though - and I keep putting those into my KF account.
                      mine were all credit card miles too. Apart from Silkair flights, I haven't credited any SQ flight miles to KrisFlyer since 2005 or so.

Comment

I credited 184 flown miles to KF this year coz I missed my flight on JL a few weeks back and had to take MI on KUL-SIN.

I rue that missed flight til this day.

*hangs head in shame*

Ironically I missed my flight because I was too busy swimming around in the Hilton KL pool due to their 2-for-1 late checkout!

Comment

mine were all credit card miles too. Apart from Silkair flights, I haven't credited any SQ flight miles to KrisFlyer since 2005 or so.
                          I've had quite a few flights on SQ lately with all my miles credited to KF but I'm still quite new to travel. Didn't travel much before two years ago.

I think this might sound really dumb to a lot of you guys but how do I award my miles to a partner's airline when flying SQ?

Comment

Then I do not understand your post. SQ hates Elites. That's known. So take your business to other airlines and use Credit Card milage to fly with them for free. Together with the AMEX voucher it still makes sense to be a member of KF...

Comment

But I like to know when you're leaving BD

Comment

Working...
                              X