Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking baggage to final destination on different Star Alliance flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking baggage to final destination on different Star Alliance flights?

Hi,

I'm travelling on BD4 GLA to LHR, then SQ319 LHR to SIN later the same day.

Currently its two seperate e-tickets with two seperate carriers. Is it possible to request during check in at GLA that our bags be checked in through to SIN, as they are both Star Alliance members? If they can, that will give me more time to check out the Virgin Lounge at LHR!

Thanks,

Super B Man

If i am not mistakened, BD will not checks your luggage thru to Singapore, star alliance carriers or not, if it is a seperate tickets. Good luck though!

Comment

Originally posted by A380-800 View Post
      If i am not mistakened, BD will not checks your luggage thru to Singapore, star alliance carriers or not, if it is a seperate tickets. Good luck though!
      Sadly this is correct. They stopped checking baggage through on seperate tickets a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Sadly this is correct. They stopped checking baggage through on seperate tickets a while ago.
        This is correct. BD will not check-through luggage if under seperate tix.
        It is not only BD though. BA did that as well, i.e. I could not check-through my bags from LHR to ZRH to catch my ex-ZRH tix to SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by super bean flicker View Post
          Hi,

I'm travelling on BD4 GLA to LHR, then SQ319 LHR to SIN later the same day.

Currently its two seperate e-tickets with two seperate carriers. Is it possible to request during check in at GLA that our bags be checked in through to SIN, as they are both Star Alliance members? If they can, that will give me more time to check out the Virgin Lounge at LHR!

Thanks,

Super B Man
          That is true. http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/plan...hcheck-in.aspx

I am however wondering if an SQ-SQ-TG (two PNRs) itinerary would allow for through check-in. Does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
            I am however wondering if an SQ-SQ-TG (two PNRs) itinerary would allow for through check-in. Does anyone know?
            You will be able to check your bags the whole way through. I am assuming that the TG booking is on a seperate PNR, in which case you'd get both SQ BPs at the first go whilst you'd have to pick up the TG bp at the transfer desk of the last point of departure.

BD is pretty unique in that regard...

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            BA did that as well, i.e. I could not check-through my bags from LHR to ZRH to catch my ex-ZRH tix to SIN.
            I am pretty certain that BA will interline to other oneworld carriers on seperate tix.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Hmm.. another q, if I may.

LHR-SIN and SIN-DPS, both on SQ, with about 6 hours between arrival at SIN, and departure for DPS. On seperate PNRs.

- Can I through-check baggage?
              - Can I leave the airport at SIN for couple of hours, as well?

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post

LHR-SIN and SIN-DPS, both on SQ, with about 6 hours between arrival at SIN, and departure for DPS. On seperate PNRs.

Yes on both. Just show your booking confirmation to the checkin agent at LHR and ask the bags to be checked all the way to DPS.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Yes on both. Just show your booking confirmation to the checkin agent at LHR and ask the bags to be checked all the way to DPS.
                  As per jjpb3's advise - yes to both. The fortunate thing about having separate tickets here is that a single through ticket would likely have a "No chk-in SIN" endorsement, so you'd HAVE to have your BP issued in LHR (or SIN before you left Changi to go outside). In your case, the SIN-DPS BP is not essential as you can check in in SIN being on separate tickets.

Comment

Just have to remember that the flight to DPS departs from T2.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks chums...

Comment

Working...
                      X