A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
    9V-SMJ is scheduled to be delivered today arriving at Changi tomorrow.
    9V-SMJ has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is expected to arrive at Changi at 9.30am (SG Time) tomorrow. She is the last Airbus Delivery Flight for 2016!

A grand total of 10 A350 aircraft delivered to SQ in 2016.
    Last edited by SQKevin; 31 December 2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Not bad. Next year, we will have better chances of flying with one of them!

Comment

• 9V-SMJ has landed at Changi. Welcome home #10!

Comment

• Some Interesting Facts.

47 A350s were delivered in 2016. SQ received the first A350 delivery (9V-SMA) and the last A350 delivery (9V-SMJ) of 2016!

Comment

• wonder why smj not used until now, back up purpose?

Comment

• I was flying from PEK to SIN on the 1st of Jan. In the fleet information page of SilverKris it states that as of 1st Jan there were 8 A350 in the fleet. I guess they didn't expect to be receiving SMI and SMJ so quickly!

On a side note does anyone else think that the illustration of the A350 in SilverKris looks more like a TU-204? I thought it looked hideous . Would have posted a picture but unfortunately i don't have permission yet on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEK A380 View Post
                I was flying from PEK to SIN on the 1st of Jan. In the fleet information page of SilverKris it states that as of 1st Jan there were 8 A350 in the fleet. I guess they didn't expect to be receiving SMI and SMJ so quickly!
                Its always behind with information. I think its more of a case one department not talking to another.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEK A380 View Post
                  I was flying from PEK to SIN on the 1st of Jan. In the fleet information page of SilverKris it states that as of 1st Jan there were 8 A350 in the fleet. I guess they didn't expect to be receiving SMI and SMJ so quickly!

On a side note does anyone else think that the illustration of the A350 in SilverKris looks more like a TU-204? I thought it looked hideous . Would have posted a picture but unfortunately i don't have permission yet on this forum.
                  Agreed, it doesn't look good.
                  Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• I just had this crazy idea. Could one potentially fly an A359ULR from SIN-EZE via the great southern circle over the Indian & South Atlantic Oceans bypassing South Africa? After all, SIN is very far south and the routing looks roughly the same on the map as SIN-EWR, although I could be very wrong about this. From EZE, SQ could easily do a tag onwards to GRU.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedEyeflight View Post
                      I just had this crazy idea. Could one potentially fly an A359ULR from SIN-EZE via the great southern circle over the Indian & South Atlantic Oceans bypassing South Africa? After all, SIN is very far south and the routing looks roughly the same on the map as SIN-EWR, although I could be very wrong about this. From EZE, SQ could easily do a tag onwards to GRU.
                      That would be the great circle route.

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=SIN-EZE&M...X=720x360&PM=*

Compared to SIN-EWR (8285nm), EZE is 300 nautical miles further. Not sure if that's within the ULR's specs. More importantly, if you look at the map, the GC route doesn't pass anywhere near an airport, so I'm unsure if it meets ETOPS requirements. A lot will also depend on the wind speed, but if my geography is correct, it will be pretty strong at those latitudes. Perhaps a pilot here can explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedEyeflight View Post
                        I just had this crazy idea. Could one potentially fly an A359ULR from SIN-EZE via the great southern circle over the Indian & South Atlantic Oceans bypassing South Africa? After all, SIN is very far south and the routing looks roughly the same on the map as SIN-EWR, although I could be very wrong about this. From EZE, SQ could easily do a tag onwards to GRU.
                        Even if it's possible, it might make more economic sense to resurrect CPT-EZE or perhaps commence CPT-GRU or JNB-GRU. GRU should never have been totally cut after all the marketing pumped into it.

Comment

• Basically all the reg number that SQ A359 using are used on SQ 747-400 before they retired.
                          First hand news from my friend working with EADS, assemble of next SQ A350 started and permanent reg number of this plane is 9V-SMK (used on a 744......).

Comment

• Originally posted by GCHaviation View Post
                            First hand news from my friend working with EADS, assemble of next SQ A350 started and permanent reg number of this plane is 9V-SMK (used on a 744......).
                            I think your friend's news is rather slow.... SMK is already assembled. painted and now in cabin fitting. even SML is there now

SMO is the one that's just started assembly

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              I think your friend's news is rather slow.... SMK is already assembled. painted and now in cabin fitting. even SML is there now

SMO is the one that's just started assembly
                              How? He's working with EADS Astrium instead of Airbus, but he got lots of chance to visit Airbus assembly line. That's what Airbus worker told him that SMK is assembling.

You detail missing 9V-SMN, that's the one that waiting for assembly.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCHaviation View Post
                                How? He's working with EADS Astrium instead of Airbus, but he got lots of chance to visit Airbus assembly line. That's what Airbus worker told him that SMK is assembling.

You detail missing 9V-SMN, that's the one that waiting for assembly.
                                Paging SQKevin... Able to shed some light on this?
                                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                                X