A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And 1 less door area.

I thought they could do something with the denser 2017 J seat, maybe not 300 but somewhere in the low 290s? The CX 35K is 46J/32W/256Y according to seatguru.
    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      I curious how you would configure an A35K hold 300 seats using existing SQ seats? Its cabin length is a mere 1m different from a 77W measured door to door.
      All current/soon to receieve A35K operators seat more than 300, as follow:

QR: C46 + Y281 = 327
      CX: C46 + W32 + Y256 = 334
      VS: C44 + W56 + Y235 = 335
      BA: C56 + W56 + Y219 = 331

The difference between 77W and A35K is that A35K only have 4 pairs of doors, if SQ put 10 or 11 rows between Door 1 and 2, there is still plenty of room to accommodate the PEY and Y seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        I curious how you would configure an A35K hold 300 seats using existing SQ seats? Its cabin length is a mere 1m different from a 77W measured door to door.
        The regional SQ A350-900 has 303 seats so it will be technically possible.
        Last edited by FN-GM; 7 May 2019, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
          All current/soon to receieve A35K operators seat more than 300, as follow:

QR: C46 + Y281 = 327
          CX: C46 + W32 + Y256 = 334
          VS: C44 + W56 + Y235 = 335
          BA: C56 + W56 + Y219 = 331

The difference between 77W and A35K is that A35K only have 4 pairs of doors, if SQ put 10 or 11 rows between Door 1 and 2, there is still plenty of room to accommodate the PEY and Y seats.
          Even so, he has a point - the CX 359 is 38J/28W/214Y for a total of 280 seats. I guess for SQ, 300 would be the upper limit if they were to use 2013J, though they could probably squeeze in a few more seats with 2017J.

Let's see what JL does with their 35K - their 77W is 8F/49J/40W/147Y, even lower capacity than SQ's!
          an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
            Even so, he has a point - the CX 359 is 38J/28W/214Y for a total of 280 seats. I guess for SQ, 300 would be the upper limit if they were to use 2013J, though they could probably squeeze in a few more seats with 2017J.
            2017J won’t fit on the A350.

Comment

• I was of the impression that the A350 interior was wider than the A380 upper deck...
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• But apparently the next 14 deliveries are all 359. Don’t think SQ will get the 35K. Most likely 30 regional n 30 LH A359.
                Last edited by sbs2716g; 7 May 2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• I think the A35K would be the right fit to replace the 5 super ageing 773s in the fleet. While kind of an odd ball, they do fulfill a rather niche role flying multiple flights to CGK and MNL daily. Perhaps SQ has no real rush to replace them, since the competition on those routes are rather weak. But eventually they'll get too old too and uneconomical. Alternatively, as the 777X gets delivered, SQ may abuse the old (by then) 77W and plonk them on these short routes, a bit like what the 77E SV- series is doing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                    I think the A35K would be the right fit to replace the 5 super ageing 773s in the fleet. While kind of an odd ball, they do fulfill a rather niche role flying multiple flights to CGK and MNL daily. Perhaps SQ has no real rush to replace them, since the competition on those routes are rather weak. But eventually they'll get too old too and uneconomical. Alternatively, as the 777X gets delivered, SQ may abuse the old (by then) 77W and plonk them on these short routes, a bit like what the 77E SV- series is doing now.
                    773 are well fit for the mission like this. You can see CX is retiring 5 772A and replacing with 5 used Emirates 773 for the regional routes like HKG-SIN, HKG-BKK, HKG-TPE and Japan cities, CX installed 3-4-3 seats in Economy and 2-3-2 regional business class to carry 438 passengers

If SQ can update the 773 cabin once again, and better use the space in the first class cabin, they can still run economically for another 5 years

Comment

• Although getting some 35Ks for long haul service could free up 77Ws, which they can derate and use to replace the ageing 773s on the regional hops. After all, the 77Ws should have relatively lower cycles on them than the 773s.

Keep the F cabin, throw in the new regional J and perhaps 2017Y, and replace PEY with some more economy seats. I don't see them going 3-4-3 though.
                      an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                        Although getting some 35Ks for long haul service could free up 77Ws, which they can derate and use to replace the ageing 773s on the regional hops. After all, the 77Ws should have relatively lower cycles on them than the 773s.

Keep the F cabin, throw in the new regional J and perhaps 2017Y, and replace PEY with some more economy seats. I don't see them going 3-4-3 though.
                        The most I see them doing is to remove PEY and putting back the Y seats. The bean counters will probably argue that the existing 2013 F and J are more than adequate for regional flying

Frankly speaking though I prefer the 2013 J to the 2018 RJ simply because it’s more spacious haha.

Comment

• 9V-SHF has completed her CAF. Delivery looks very likely this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                            I think the A35K would be the right fit to replace the 5 super ageing 773s in the fleet. While kind of an odd ball, they do fulfill a rather niche role flying multiple flights to CGK and MNL daily. Perhaps SQ has no real rush to replace them, since the competition on those routes are rather weak. But eventually they'll get too old too and uneconomical. Alternatively, as the 777X gets delivered, SQ may abuse the old (by then) 77W and plonk them on these short routes, a bit like what the 77E SV- series is doing now.
                            I thought of this too. Since Airbus offers numerous weight variants for their A35K, SQ could take the one that is closest in range to the 773. The 77Ws would be far too uneconomical for short haul routes to CGK and MNL.

Comment

• 9V-SHF is displaying her Final Registration and is ready for Delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                                9V-SHF is displaying her Final Registration and is ready for Delivery.
                                9V-SHF is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Saturday (11MAY19) with STA: 2000 as SQ8895.
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X