Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    A signboard of epic fail.
    I guess it was cheaper to re-use a competitor's slogan than paying for a new one.
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Inaugural flight has landed at Heathrow!

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/ne....php?id=677353

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        Inaugural flight has landed at Heathrow!

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/ne....php?id=677353
        No pictures of the landing in LHR...

Comment

Originally posted by diecastdrool View Post
          This has got to be the biggest joke of the century....I dont know what to make out of this signboard by MH below...hahahaha. SQ will be pleasantly pissed off I guess
          "Eighth To Fly" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by diecastdrool View Post
            This has got to be the biggest joke of the century....I dont know what to make out of this signboard by MH below...hahahaha. SQ will be pleasantly pissed off I guess
            Their marketing could have got away with that if they had just added "from KUL to LHR".

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              Their marketing could have got away with that if they had just added "from KUL to LHR".
              I'm sure that was the intent.

Unfortunately, budget cuts mean they would have to minimize the number of words used.

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

Why do most people here put MH down

Comment

@k3nnis: common sense I guess...would you defend your own property if a thief broke into your house and stole your belongings? Would you put the thief down or let him have the Greatest Singapore Sale shopping-spree instead? hehe...

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                      Not sure what to make of that...definitely competing with the CZ 388s for the ugliest paint scheme out there.
                      I do not like the strip on the engine. Make it ugly. The overall color scheme is soo dull
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                        "Eighth To Fly" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
                        I showed this picture to my friend.

His opinion that the sign suppose to refer to the passenger to be the first to fly on (MH) A380". I think it is a direct translation from Malay, "pertama terbang dengan A380" or something like that, as this is the inaugural flight right?
                        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          I showed this picture to my friend.

His opinion that the sign suppose to refer to the passenger to be the first to fly on (MH) A380". I think it is a direct translation from Malay, "pertama terbang dengan A380" or something like that, as this is the inaugural flight right?
                          Just because they're the first to write it in Malay still doesn't change the fact that they're not the first to fly the A380.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                            Just because they're the first to write it in Malay still doesn't change the fact that they're not the first to fly the A380.
                            I know. But it is refered to the pax who will be the first flying (MH) A380, as this is their maiden flight.

But I think the text is grammatically incorrect in English (?) as it ia a direct translation from Mlay I suppose, or the purposely do that?
                            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              I know. But it is refered to the pax who will be the first flying (MH) A380, as this is their maiden flight.

But I think the text is grammatically incorrect in English (?) as it ia a direct translation from Mlay I suppose, or the purposely do that?
                              "Pertama Terbang dengan A380" can have 2 different meanings depends on whether the subject is MH or its passengers. If it is meant to refer to MH, it is totally wrong because we all know that MH is the Eighth to fly this type of aircraft.

If it is meant to refer to the passengers on that inaugural flight, then it is also not entirely correct as many passengers would have already flown on a A380 with SQ, QF, EK, AF, KE, LH, and CZ. I would think "First to Fly MH A380" is a more accurate tag line to use in this case.

Comment

Booked my girlfriend on MH3 for tomorrow (managed to get it on a BD codeshare for £340 one-way EDI-LHR-KUL.. £1100 if booked in MH number ). Only just found out it was an A380 thanks to this thread Upper deck seats assigned and unlike me she is not excited but is scared since it is a new aircraft therefore 'hasn't been tested yet'
                                Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Working...
                                X