Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *A Mileage run ideas?

Hey all,

Seeing that many of you guys are experts here, I need some advice on the best *A runs from KUL.

My program: KrisFlyer (I find the burn rates best suit me. I don't want to chance DC at this stage)

My aim: Free tickets, not status (earning benefits I hardly use is silly)

To be honest i only have a 4000+ miles now, and I'm just trying to rake in as many miles as possible.

Right now I'm looking at:

TG, KUL-BKK return at MYR1004 (1500mi)
    SQ, KUL-SIN-DPS return at MYR1600 (2500mi)

They're all rather pricey but I just can't think of other options out of KUL.

Thanks!!

On KF, it is 25k miles to redeem a SIN-BKK tix, you would have to fly 10x SQ KUL-SIN-DPS return, spending MYR16000 to score 25k miles, is it worth it?
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      On KF, it is 25k miles to redeem a SIN-BKK tix, you would have to fly 10x SQ KUL-SIN-DPS return, spending MYR16000 to score 25k miles, is it worth it?
      post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
        Agreed - maybe a better way is to find a credit card that you can earn miles with purchases
        even with that, unless of course you are heavy spender, otherwise, it would take years to accumulate enough miles for free tickets....
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by W_Flyer View Post
          Hey all,

Seeing that many of you guys are experts here, I need some advice on the best *A runs from KUL.

My program: KrisFlyer (I find the burn rates best suit me. I don't want to chance DC at this stage)

My aim: Free tickets, not status (earning benefits I hardly use is silly)

To be honest i only have a 4000+ miles now, and I'm just trying to rake in as many miles as possible.

Right now I'm looking at:

TG, KUL-BKK return at MYR1004 (1500mi)
          SQ, KUL-SIN-DPS return at MYR1600 (2500mi)

They're all rather pricey but I just can't think of other options out of KUL.

Thanks!!
          How about LH? They are still doing KUL-BKK right?

If earning free ticket is the objective why don't you follow suggestion posted before. Look for any credit card that give you mileages to KF
          visit my blog

Comment

I don't get it
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

If you do the math, MYR1004 for a 1500mi journey works out to be MYR0.67 per mile.

At that rate, it's not a MR anymore. That's burning cash.

Comment

If you spend such amount on full carriers on these short routes, then you are practically paying for your "free" ticket.

Credit card spending is the way to go. But I am not based in KUL, I won't be able to recommend.

Comment

Working...
                X