SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
    All the 5 777-300 will still be in service at least until end March.
    Did SQ mention this? Thought the 773 will stay on for a couple of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      Did SQ mention this? Thought the 773 will stay on for a couple of years.
      Looks like it... SQ has no plans to retire them at any point this financial year.

Comment

As of 31 March 2019, 7 x777-200 n 5 x 777-200ER in fleet
        SQ said they reinstated 1x777-200 due to grounding issues n 7 x777-200 will be out by March 2020, left only 1. So Guess one of them is suppose to out in April was put back in service.
        They’ve only had 7x 772s flying for quite awhile already.
        So to reinstate an 8th 772.... I can only think of SQJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
          Looks like it... SQ has no plans to retire them at any point this financial year.
          SYF will take over as being the oldest aircraft in the SQ fleet ever once SVB stops flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
            SYF will take over as being the oldest aircraft in the SQ fleet ever once SVB stops flying.
            SVB can be proud to have held it for so incredibly long. I just checked back into this thread where I gave it the crown of "oldest in the fleet" in Nov. 2014, so it has now maintained the title for 4.5 years! As it's now had an ex-2006 Y product transfer, it probably will still be about in November this year, so it may make it to half a decade as their oldest plane. Cheer squad anyone?

Comment

They’ve only had 7x 772s flying for quite awhile already.
              So to reinstate an 8th 772.... I can only think of SQJ.
              I looked it up and there hasn't been a flight with it since August last year. It is noted as "stored" on planespotters without a location.

It's a serious long shot, but if all the others they are currently withdrawing have new purposes, e.g. NokScoot, and these new purposes can't be delayed, I suppose SQJ could "rise like a phoenix" but I suspect instead it will be one of the existing 7, having been withdrawn since 1 April, that has now been "reinstated". It's very confusing!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I looked it up and there hasn't been a flight with it since August last year. It is noted as "stored" on planespotters without a location.

It's a serious long shot, but if all the others they are currently withdrawing have new purposes, e.g. NokScoot, and these new purposes can't be delayed, I suppose SQJ could "rise like a phoenix" but I suspect instead it will be one of the existing 7, having been withdrawn since 1 April, that has now been "reinstated". It's very confusing!

none have been "withdrawn" long enough to make it a 'reinstatement'. SRO was out for only 12 days.

SQJ is still at Changi in SQ colours, minus the title and golden tail bird. if they indeed reinstate it, possibly with refurbished cabin ... it could be the 1 x 772 remaining beyond March 2020.

anyone flying in these few days check for us if you still see SQJ while landing on 20R?

(btw SVE was out of service for 6 months previously also, until they refitted the newer cabin and sent it back into service)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  SVB can be proud to have held it for so incredibly long. I just checked back into this thread where I gave it the crown of "oldest in the fleet" in Nov. 2014, so it has now maintained the title for 4.5 years! As it's now had an ex-2006 Y product transfer, it probably will still be about in November this year, so it may make it to half a decade as their oldest plane. Cheer squad anyone?
                  SYF will soon probably be the oldest plane SQ has ever operated... that’s a good record! 18.5 years by March 2020.

With no definite 773 replacement in sight, we could perhaps see SYF top the 19 year, or even the 20 year mark! Still too early to tell though.

Comment

none have been "withdrawn" long enough to make it a 'reinstatement'. SRO was out for only 12 days.

SQJ is still at Changi in SQ colours, minus the title and golden tail bird. if they indeed reinstate it, possibly with refurbished cabin ... it could be the 1 x 772 remaining beyond March 2020.

anyone flying in these few days check for us if you still see SQJ while landing on 20R?

(btw SVE was out of service for 6 months previously also, until they refitted the newer cabin and sent it back into service)
                    It's certainly within possibility that SQJ might go back into service, but I would absolutely rule out any cabin refresh. Within 10 months they will be actually withdrawing two refreshed 772 regionals from service so the labour cost of refitting another for such a short length of use is prohibitive.

The 773s are the only candidates for a refit now, given none are slated to leave yet, and especially since within a few months SQ will need to produce a separate edition of Krisworld only for SYF and SYL unless they get the 2006 IFE system.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                      SYF will soon probably be the oldest plane SQ has ever operated... that’s a good record! 18.5 years by March 2020.

With no definite 773 replacement in sight, we could perhaps see SYF top the 19 year, or even the 20 year mark! Still too early to tell though.
                      SYF should leave the fleet just after Mar 2020 and at most just before her 20th year as doubt SQ will do a heavy maintenance on her by then.

Comment

• Btw guys, sorry unrelated question (can’t find any suitable other thread)

I got mysteriously upgraded to KFEG from silver. Quite certainly I didn’t meet the mileage quota or not part of any scheme at this time.
                        SQ confirmed my status is indeed KFEG. I’m not complaining! But any one aware what other reasons there could be?

Comment

Btw guys, sorry unrelated question (can’t find any suitable other thread)

I got mysteriously upgraded to KFEG from silver. Quite certainly I didn’t meet the mileage quota or not part of any scheme at this time.
                          SQ confirmed my status is indeed KFEG. I’m not complaining! But any one aware what other reasons there could be?
                          There are many others who are upgraded as well accordingly to another forum. So maybe it is some form of gift from SQ. (Btw, there should be a Krisflyer subforum)

Comment

Btw guys, sorry unrelated question (can’t find any suitable other thread)

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                            There are many others who are upgraded as well accordingly to another forum. So maybe it is some form of gift from SQ. (Btw, there should be a Krisflyer subforum)
                            Forum is right here: KrisFlyer & PPS Club Might not have a thread on this yet, but...
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Thanks yeah which forum is that?
                              SQ hotline told me it isn’t a mistake so I’ll just enjoy it. Weird though. They can’t just be giving free gold status?
                              I was a KFEG for 5 consecutive years until 2018, so maybe it’s just a belated reward “we miss you!”
                              Hahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                                The A330s, unless they find a way to deal with the F demand that the 773s meet.
                                i cant wait for the A330s to leave the fleet. by far i hate those the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X